Dented Pipe Repair

vince

Oct 19, 1999
Anybody know of a place on the east coast that repairs dented exhaust pipes? Preferrably in N.J.
I have used Pacific Crest before but due to there uprising in cost + shipping costs + turnaround time I would rather stay near me.

I have tried the backyard method and it didn't work for me.

Thanks, Vince

overbore

Dec 24, 2001
I dont know of any other than what you
mention, although I would like to know how
they do it so it looks like original condition.

Radiator Ron

Dec 8, 2003
I do my own pipes they are easy to do, sharp creases or deep dings may not completely come out, but the major dent will be gone. I do local pipes for $20.00 in pa.

overbore

Dec 24, 2001
Nobody will still tell you how they do it.Shucks I would still think that a
person still wouldnt have the equipment even if they knew how.I guess its
a trade secret.

CaptainObvious

Formally known as RV6Junkie
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 8, 2000

I don't know where in NJ you are, but PPR does great work at good prices. They are in Warren county (908.454.8800).

Radiator Ron

Dec 8, 2003
Here's how I do it, I have plugs made for the pipe that seal and clamp so they dont blow out. One plug needs to allow air into it, I use @80-100 psi. Use a torch and start heating the outside of dent and it will start coming out, work it into center. There is a fine line here, get it hot enough to come out, but not melt the pipe. That's it. Please note that you are pressurizing a vessel that is not rated for pressure and has no safety relief, it can be hazardous. I do not recommend the above proceedure to be performed carelessly. Safety precautions should be taken.

overbore

Dec 24, 2001
Thanks.Still not sure I would try it even knowing how now.
It just isnt worth getting hurt.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…