desert riding close to central Cal ?

fastboy

Nov 5, 2001
Does anyone know of a riding area where I can do some open desert running, with campgrounds, etc? I'm up in central Calif and don't want to drive too far. My kids need a fairly easy place because they are just starting. Possibly the Bishop area or should I go further south?

Buddy

Aug 14, 2001
Riding in Northern Cal.

I'm dying to go riding. How far south to I have to go from the Bay Area before its dry enough to enjoy it?Whats Gorman and Ocotella wlls like?

Tanks
buddy:o

MR.WR

Apr 7, 2000
Buddy,

Gorman is a well used up place that is located on I-5 between Bakersfield and L.A. I've been there a few times, and can get pretty crowded. I'm sure a few local So.Cal DRN folks can fill you in.

I have rode Octillio Well (sp) many times. From here in Nor.Cal your looking at least an 8 hour drive or longer, depending on how you go. The Reno area offers some really great desert riding too. Strick (DRN member) can fill you in on all the desert riding areas in and around the the Reno / Sparks, Nv area, which is much closer than making the trip to So.Cal.

Check out the Valentines Day weekend ride thread for more info on this years ride.

Rick

Top Bottom