Detailed guide on jetting

carotex

Mar 16, 2005
I am a new user to this site and I have learned alot from reading the good info from this site. I would like to know if there is a detailed book or manual on jetting of the carb. I used to ride alot in my younger days but never preformed any work on my bikes, I am now 40 and just purchased a 1991 kdx 200 and I am iching to ride again. I took it out last Sat. and had a blast but it is very slugish in first gear. It has a lot of oil coming from the silencer I am running 32 to 1 mixture. I am going to check the packing today. I have ordered a FMF fatty and turbine core to go on the bike and I know from reading I will need to adjust the jets. Any help would be helpful.

Thanks ,

cicone

Sep 29, 2003
carotex--This site has tons of jetting info. You can get pilots, mains, and needles through Sudco on the cheap. I have a '90.
This should get you close enough to give you lots of fun and encouragement. Ditch the airbox lid. Get that new pipe. Get a Unifilter. Get some Boyesen 607 reeds. My jetting in sunny north florida is approx. thus---152 main--cel 2nd clip--40 pilot. And you are correct in repacking the silencer. Make sure your float level is correct also---easy thing to eyeball. Your bike will come ALIVE!!

Last edited:
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…