eagles22793

May 25, 2008
I just got a 1997 kdx220r and i want to know from someone if this bike is good for me. i amd 5' 9" and i weigh 146. there is an fmf turbine power core two silencer and fmf fatty. i am going to get jets for it. can any tell me what jets should i put in it? what little things can i do to it to make it faster but not spend a lot of money on it.

thanks
brandon

dansavage

Jul 14, 2008
I'm much bigger than you and my 220 suits me just fine.
Do you know if you have the stock carb on your bike, or one off of a kdx200?

That should guide your jetting direction, along with how you plan on riding. I recommend that you read the tech tips on this website, it spells out the low cost mods you can do to these bikes.

Take care.

eagles22793

May 25, 2008
i am not sure what the carb is for. it has a 160 jet in it already so i am not going to mess wih the main jet. what is the website for the tech tips

mudpack

Nov 13, 2008
eagles22793 said:
I what little things can i do to it to make it faster but not spend a lot of money on it.
That's easy: learn to ride it to its full potential. I'm serious. The bike is faster than you are, and may be faster than you'll ever be.
Too many guys think the easy way to more speed is by engine mods. It aint. The best/easiest way is through suspension setup and enhanced riding skills.
Soooo...
Git out there and RIDE it!

dansavage

Jul 14, 2008
This website has tons of info (before u get to this discussion board).

I'd read up on it before embarking on any mechanical work. Also, as mudpack said, it is our skills that make us good riders, not a faster bike!!!

Top Bottom