PHenry

Apr 20, 2002
Can anyone tell me what Wednesday night practices are like at SIR? How crowded is it? Is there a broad mix of skills out on the track?

I would also be curious if anyone can compare it to Sky River. I have been riding SRMP a lot lately but only have experience there and on two tracks in SoCal (Elsinore and Competition Park). I've heard conflicting things as to which track is more challenging. One guy told me it is an SX track and much harder and another said it had no doubles and was easy. Any info (or reference) would be great.

Paul

slickhenry

Jul 13, 2001
I think SIR is the same as it was last year and if so it is all tables and is easy. I am a woods rider and suck on moto tracks and I had no trouble even though I couldnt clear anything.

MXP1MP

Nov 14, 2000
SIR is alot easier than sky river, sky river is much more of a challenge you'll find me at sky river alot more than SIR. You want a real challenging track to try? I know of one its a private track so you'd have to come with me if you ever want to rip it up there. Its one of the toughest tracks i've ever ridden lots of jumps very SX.

dirty~d~

Resident nudist
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 17, 2002
SIR is a rock pit! All of my friends who race there complain about it, but at the same time it's the closest track in the area since the one on the other side of Kent was filled in for a housing developement... what a waste. SIR is not a safe place to ride anymore. The manager did NOTHING to improve the track over the winter. They claimed that they were going to regroom it, bring in new ROCK FREE dirt and revamp everything... yeah right! It's the same dirt as last year with the same rocks. The crowds are ok. I was there last week for practice and it was pretty busy from 6-9, but they open it at 3. If you can get there early for practice good deal. If SIR is convenient for you then go for it, but if you have the means to ride elsewhere I STRONGLY recommend that you do. Just my $.02.

JJmxr

Nov 14, 1999
Its ok for practice, but we won't race there unless there is a series we are doing that has a race there. The begginer classes are suicide. This is the last year of the current owners lease, so hopefully someone who cares will take over next year. It is easy, but easy seat time is better than no seat time.

dirty~d~

Resident nudist
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 17, 2002
Hate to say it, but the new owner/management is already running the show out there. It doesn't look good for the MXers in the near future. :debil: :|

JJmxr

Nov 14, 1999
Your right in that Pacific Raceways is now in the house, but Clem has the lease on the MX through this year only as I understand. Next year the track will be moved to where they are clearing out the grass field right when you drive in the gate to the right. I doubt Clem will be there next year as nobody has anything positive to say about his management. He takes terrible care of the track,(A few fridays ago they had 23 injuries :o ) but people come because its so close. Rumors have linked Ted Devol to next year. We can only hope.

dual-sporter

Jun 2, 1999
i haven't been that impressed with the SIR/Pac Raceways MX track either. i'm riding the saturday night stuff on occasion(ATV's) and i agree that none of the promissed stuff was done to the track. however, they did split the ATV & vintage series off (made it a lot safer for those racing quads) and raise prices successfully.

firecracker22

Sponsoring Member
Oct 23, 2000
Um, judging by what I've seen and heard elsewhere, Ted may not be much of an improvement. He doesn't have the best business ethics. Who knows how it will turn out though.

Top Bottom