Devastated; Just Broke Up with my Girl

Danman

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 7, 2000
Sorry to hear that Brian.

I'm in a rough patch with my Girl as well. She is not gone yet, but I don't think it will be long. We are still good friends though.

It would almost be easier if we hated each other

That is so true for my situation. Be glad it happened before you lives were truly entangled.

Go ride and have fun for a weekend. It will ease your mind a lot. A know it has for me. All my dirt buds are busy this weekend so if the weather is nice this afternoon I will be solo and V-strom.

Brian

Stanbagger
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 1, 2001
Almost a week has passed now and I am feeling better. Still by no means great, but getting better one day at a time. Went riding on Saturday and spent most of Sunday hanging out with friends and watching football. Finally coming around to accepting things has helped also. There is no looking back. Hopefully I will continue to slowly move on and soon be ready to begin, as Brooks and Dunn so truthfully put it "working on my next broken heart." :ahhh:

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
Well at least we won't have to change your name to "Bri-anna" now. Good for you!

:( This is sort of a sad moment for us, our little Stan Flemmings is growing up. Pretty soon he'll be moving out and the next thing ya' know he won't come to visit except on the occasional holiday and then on Sundays once a month when he puts us in a home.

Last edited:

JuliusPleaser

Too much of a good thing.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 22, 2000
Patman said:
Well at least we won't have to change your name to "Bri-anna" now. Good for you!

:( This is sort of a sad moment for us, our little Stan Flemmings is growing up. Pretty soon he'll be moving out and the next thing ya' know he won't come to visit except on the occasional holiday and then on Sundays once a month when he puts us in a home.

It is bittersweet, isn't it?

I enjoy watching these kids turn into real live humans, though. It's an amazing metamorphosis.

holeshot

Crazy Russian
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 25, 2000
JuliusPleaser said:
Look at the bright side - you got out before it cost you a house, a bunch of money, and your self-esteem.

No kidding ... lol. :) He should be rejoicing.....

Hallelujah, Hallelujah
Got outta this and it didn't cost no moneyyy
Now I'm gonna get me a new honeyyyyy
Hallelujah, Hallelujah

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
JuliusPleaser said:
It is bittersweet, isn't it?

I enjoy watching these kids turn into real live humans, though. It's an amazing metamorphosis.
I remember when little Stan Flemmings had come to the DRN tailgate camp at the Dallas SX years ago. When I got back from the pits and practice Shiftless told me that there was this little boy looking for Patman and he was really disappointed I wasn't there. She offered him some stickers and told him to come back because I'd be back in a little bit. Well I guess the big let down of finding out Patman was just a regular nobody like everybody else must have tempered him a bit for this latest let down :laugh:

Brian

Stanbagger
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 1, 2001
I do recall that Dallas SX. I wanted to meet the pantless wonder :rotfl:

As an update for those who may be mildly interested. I am feeling quite a bit better here lately. It still hurts, and it hurts bad. I am able to go about my daily life without getting too down though. I even had a date last night with a girl I just met, and it went really well. I am going to see her again this weekend. Hopefully this will help me move on as well, and maybe I can find someone new, if not a new friend.

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
Brian said:
I do recall that Dallas SX. I wanted to meet the pantless wonder :rotfl:
Yeah and now you just ride my pit bikes and give me a hard time. No wonder people call them the "good old days". :laugh:

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
mx547 said:
you're lucky. the only person i ever found crashed under a pine tree was sawblade. :ohmy:

or was that a cedar?
I remember that!

The best advice given to me from the house of five Ex's (five friends going thru divorces at the same time!) was time will heal you. You never forget, you will have worst days, moments of shear gut wrenching pain from just the sight of something that reminds you of her. But like a really good bean burrito, it too will pass and feel good at the time.
As Patman said, time to rejet and get rid of the spooge, simple words but true none the less.
Your friend, Brian.

motometal

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 3, 2001
Patman said:
We sure might THINK it and some might even think of suggesting a relationship is much like jetting a carb to produce no spooge. Ya, might get it right for a little bit but it will change on ya'.

wow...that's the deep thought for the day. I'd say "a little spooge is ok" though.

motometal

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 3, 2001
Brian said:
as Brooks and Dunn so truthfully put it "working on my next broken heart." :ahhh:

Please don't turn to country music Brian...I know it seems bad but it isn't THAT bad...trust me.

On a more serious note...what was your experience with women before her? I know that's a personal question, ignore if you wish. I ask because it seems the guys I know that married their high school sweetheart, ended up getting a divorce, many times with a child or two caught in the middle...and CS payments. Now I'm sure there are many exceptions out there and that's great.

I thought my first serious girlfriend was the greatest...until I started getting "attention" from others...which quickly changed my view.

Brian

Stanbagger
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 1, 2001
If you have been following my other threads, this last month has been a rough one for me. I have somehow managed to make time to go out with several other girls but I still am pretty torn up over this one. It has been a little over a month now, and I know they say time heals everything, but it is slooooow!! It will take me a very, very long time to fully get over this but all I can do now is carry on with life and keep waiting for it to get better!

High Lord Gomer

Poked with Sticks
Sep 26, 1999
motometal said:
I thought my first serious girlfriend was the greatest...until I started getting "attention" from others...which quickly changed my view.
Is that what you call restraining orders up there, "getting attention"? :rotfl:

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
A month could be a drop in the bucket Brian, think how long it took to get that KTM sorted out. :)

You have bigger fish to fry right now anyway. There will be plenty of girls around when your current situation cools off and if not we'll get Ivan to come give ya' some hugs.... or something.

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
Patman said:
A month could be a drop in the bucket Brian, think how long it took to get that KTM sorted out. :)

You have bigger fish to fry right now anyway. There will be plenty of girls around when your current situation cools off and if not we'll get Ivan to come give ya' some hugs.... or something.
YOU BEAT ME TO IT, PATMAN!
Just get your jetting worked out and things will be fine!;) The Xwife was a difficult one for me but it does get better and you don't even know it until you realize your not miserable anymore.

holeshot

Crazy Russian
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 25, 2000
Look at it this way..

1.You broke up with your girlfriend>>>>

Oh..you don't see her anymore..so sad :(

2. Or you married her and later got divorced>>>>

She takes half your stuff and you end up cutting her a nice paycheck every month while she and her much younger boyfriend go off on vacations to Tahiti...and they can because you paid for it. Her new younger boyfriend doesn't work either.

:( :( :( :(

See what a lucky sumbitch you are....?

Lorin

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 25, 1999
Tis a shame, they can make you as happy as you have ever been, or as miserable as possible. As pointed out previously, there will be others. The age you are at is precisely the age at which most people go through this. Although I realize these words dont provide comfort, they should allow you to realize that you arent alone in your sorrow, or experiences. I find dating (generally speaking) is there to provide you with a means to find out what things you want in a girl, and what things you cant stand. Everyone has something about them you can like. I often say that I havent had a sucessfull relationship yet (or I would still be in it). Well, to be fair, I am in one now, but it seemed to take me well into my late 30's, and many bad breakups, to get here. Best of luck, it does get better.

Top Bottom