mnnthbx

Apr 1, 2003
I am thinking of trying a DFII. After TONS of jetting work I finally have made a HUGE improvement in the way my bike runs.

How much will the DFII throw this off. It took me so long to get it perfect, I may not buy one at all if it is going to throw me way off base again.

In general, would it make it leaner or richer after the instal? Accross the board or just a particular circuit?

I did a search first, and never found these specific answers.

Thanks for the help. Greg.

skipro3

Mod Ban
Dec 14, 2002
When I changed from the boyesen reeds to the DFII, I didn't need to rejet. And I don't recall needing to rejet when I tried the boyesens either. Mine is a 99 KDX220.

canyncarvr

~SPONSOR~
Oct 14, 1999
A delta force II (DFII) reedcage is made by moto tassinari.

If your jetting is good to start, it will be real close with the DFII.

I didn't rejet specifically for the radvalve/DFII swap I did. I DO rejet on a regular basis for temp changes, elevation ranges in particular riding areas and RH changes.

As long as you know how to jet a bike, what does it matter? If you know the advantages of proper jetting then you won't be satisfied until it's right given whatever mechancial setup you're running.

If I had to guess, I'd say you might want to be a bit more lean with the DFII than you are now. That's not because of the DFII particularly, but because most bikes are too rich anyway.

Still...a guess from anyone will not be a proper substitute for you sorting out your bike.

Get one. You'll like it.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom