Did I hear Evel right?

Wraith

Do the impossible its fun
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 16, 2000
I just got done watching MotoWorld. And I could have sworn that I heard Evel say he was going to do a 200ft jump! I must have been half asleep (I was in the lazyboy at 1a.m. ;) ), I hope a 60 some year old is not going to try this.

wardy

2005 Lori Nyland Award Winner
Nov 12, 1999
LOL its totally ok if he wants to try that,
1. don't ask harley for a sponsorship
2. or if he does get a bike with a premature ejecting parachute and he be ok that way to!

:)

MikeT

~SPONSOR~
Jan 17, 2001
Well, did he say it or not?

B

biglou

I have seen something on the local news about it. Supposed to jump sometime this Spring, I think. It's true. We'll just see if he follows through and does it. Pretty crazy, IMO.

VintageDirt

Baked Spud
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 1, 2001
If Evel says he's gonna do it, he's gonna do it. Evel don't joke about jumping.

MikeT

~SPONSOR~
Jan 17, 2001
That is sad. Evil doesn't have to prove anything to us or anybody else. I'd hate to see him get hurt. :(

Rooster

Today's Tom Sawyer
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 24, 2000
Hopefully he won't try anything ridiculous. (He's already been there, done that) I fear it will end in his death.

CR Swade

~SPONSOR~
Jan 18, 2001
I heard him talking about it. In an interview he gave here w/ a local radio show, this will be his final stunt-if he doesn't clear it, he probably won't make it. That is his style-going out in a blaze of glory (dead or alive). When the DJ asked why he felt he had to do this, he snarled back "Hell boy, you know who you are talkin' to!?". The guy just flat kicks ass...

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
When I was a kid Evil was HUGE! I wish he'd stay retired because he's just now coming back into the lime light. His son on the other hand is a complete joke and does nothing but tarnish his fathers image :|

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
"I hope a 60 some year old is not going to try this. "
Why not? If he's strong enough to hold on to the bars, I don't think age has anything to do with it. We're not talking about him entering a National like that old man Coop.

I watched the show and yes, he said he's going to do it. Hey, all it takes is hitting an engineered ramp and the calculated speed and a TON or two of cajonies :eek: , something he doesn't lack. He said he is looking for the right bike; I got the impression it won't be on a Harley, but could be wrong. Seems his chances would be much better on an MX bike :)

Best part of Motoworld last night was the spotlight on Guy Cooper :yeehaw:

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
Originally posted by VintageDirt
If Evel says he's gonna do it, he's gonna do it. Evel don't joke about jumping.
I heard he was gonna do it on his Rascal electric scooter . . . :D

And there's no doubt he's still got the balls to do it. He's freaking Evel!

(remember the ol' Taco Bell commercial? "ARE YOU FEELIN' IT EVEL!?!?!")

Oct 10, 2000
I wonder if this is a death wish by MR. Evel K.? The hero of every boy/girl back in the day. I heard that he had some $/drinking problems for awhile, maybe this is a way to get back to the top 1 LAST time.

I wish I still had my Evel motorcycle with him on it. You had to pull a plastic like zip tie through the bike to make the rear tire spin, then let him go and Evel was doing stunts in my house. He never got hurt either.....GO RED WHITE AND BLUE!!!!! A true American Hero

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
I think a CR500AF might be just what he needs, minus the feathers and cards in the spokes Jr. needs.

VintageDirt

Baked Spud
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 1, 2001
Evel doesn't have a death wish. And he's not afraid to die either. I heard that when he was next up for a liver transplant, and they had a match, he let a young kid have his new liver and said something like, "Im feeling pretty good, I think I'll wait for the next one." Evel never had a death wish, but after he backed out of a jump (only once) he said he'd never back out again, no matter what. Read the book "An American Hero" by Ace Collins it was so good even I could finish it.

MikeT

~SPONSOR~
Jan 17, 2001
Well, When is he supposed to do it??

BTW Patman, Robbie isn't a joke. Ya the feathers are a little much, but he IS doing the jumps.. No doubt about that.

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
MikeT said:
BTW Patman, Robbie isn't a joke
er, I beg to differ Mike. I can remember going to the Seattle SX back in '97 and when we got back to our room they had Kaptain Robbie Knievel doing a lame-ass jump where he (gasp!) took his hands off the bars. Woo-freakin'-hoo. His hands maybe came off long enough to last one frame on a high-speed video camera! We'd just seen McGrath et al do all sorts of tricks in the Kingdome (in freestyle's infancy). I was more impressed by the guy on the Husaberg during the day program pre-qualifying panic-revving over the giant triple!

And the "Grand Canyon Jump"--Cripes, Robbie, learn how to ride out a landing!

The only real cool one Robbie did was when the oncoming train took out the take-off ramp. But I still don't think he's learned how to ride out the landing without crashing into the hay bales. Maybe that's more dramatic. :|

MikeT

~SPONSOR~
Jan 17, 2001
Well, I didn't see the stuff in '97 like you did. I think the Gand canyon thing was a major goof on his set up people. They should have built a much longer landing ramp. He went askew when the ramp ended. Remember, he did jump some 220 something feet, nothing to laugh at.

The train one was cool, but I think the Best one was the building to building jump. THAT was COOL!

evilswfo

Jun 2, 2002
I agree with patman an xrpredator, Robbie is a joke!!.Evel did all his stunt's on a harley while Robbie on the other hand is on a cr500,alot lighter and way better suspension and he still can't ride out a landing.I saw the grand canyon jump,he did fine till he left the landing ramp an hit natural terrain. They said he was going like 80 mph on landing.Geez he better not enter a desert race.I will give him some credit for having the ball's to attempt some of the stunt's but he remind's me of some second rate circus act.I'd like to see him go play riding with some of the freestyle guy's and motocrosser's in the dune's he wouldn't last 5 minute's.

Wraith

Do the impossible its fun
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 16, 2000
Okie, age has everything to do with. With age comes pain from all the stupid things we did in our younger/glory years. And Evel has had many of those. Lets see, hip replacements, liver transplants, every bone boken in his body. I really would love to see him do this. But MikeT is right on. What does he have to prove? I to, would hate to see him get hurt.

KawieKX125

~SPONSOR~
Oct 9, 2000
Robbie is a joke,
His mechanic is one too, "i am burning grease off the front axle so the wheel spins faster", huh, WTF, I am confused how this would ever work and it makes no sense to me.

He needs to learn some freaking bike control too, He is always goon style in the air, front wheel up, elbows down in his goofy leathers.

Seth enslow is real, he jumps his bike and the freaking front end breaks off and his face has to be peeled off the put his skull back together, he gets better and does it again. The guy also has some bike control in the air.

padrutt199

May 22, 2001

MikeT

~SPONSOR~
Jan 17, 2001
Originally posted by KawieKX125
He needs to learn some freaking bike control too, He is always goon style in the air, front wheel up, elbows down in his goofy leathers.
Aaron, If you watch the tape for the Grand Canyon jump, Robbie corrected the bikes attitude no less than three times. Ya, he had his elbows down, but for what he is doing, does that really make a difference? I did also wonder about the "grease burning" thing. I know if you put too viscous a grease on a bearing it might roll a little slower, but front wheel bearings are sealed on that bike.... Thats why I also couldn't figure out what he was doing...

VintageDirt

Baked Spud
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 1, 2001
Ya know...all BS aside, even if Evel sticks the landing, he's gonna have to be air lifted to the hospital. So since he's gonna be a pile of rubble anyway, I say he should try a back flip, on an XR750, between two buildings, with a train taking out the the take of ramp, over a hovering helicopter, onto a flaming landing ramp. All of this in a made for TV special with a two hour pre-jump show and a post jump hospital cam.

That there is some good viewing.

I'm kidding. :)

MikeT

~SPONSOR~
Jan 17, 2001
VD, you should be a producer! :)

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…