He is a complete joke!!!!!!!

He make a big deal about a 120 ft jump. WOOOOWWWEEEE

Bubba and Ricky was doing 100ft jumps at 12yrs old

MikeT

~SPONSOR~
Jan 17, 2001
Originally posted by Offroadr
He is a complete joke!!!!!!!
Well, just shoot me! Take away all my mojo.......... Wait, that's already gone.. :) Anyway, I'm not doing 120foot jumps and I know I never will. I enjoy all the buildup and think he's a pretty good guy. His thing is jumping and spectacle... he does it well. I know he isn't the only one who can do it, and he also hasn't done it the farthest. I just don't think he is a total joke. If what he was doing was so easy we wouldn't have a Injury recovery forum. Let's not totally slam the guy.

Stretch374

Apr 22, 2001
Last year at the IRL race at Texas Motor Speedway I saw Robbie do a jump just before the start of the race. With the man made ramps it looked real easy and he had plenty of track to get up to speed. They said the jump was 200’ and I guess I was a little impressed just by the shear speed at witch he was going when he hit the ramp, although it didn't look like it required much skill. Some of the IRL drivers and teams were on the pit lane watching but I didn't see Jeff Ward anywhere.

I couldn’t help thinking that Ward could have easily made that jump.

dirty~d~

Resident nudist
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 17, 2002
Originally posted by MikeT
That is sad. Evil doesn't have to prove anything to us or anybody else. I'd hate to see him get hurt. :(

Mike, he's doesn't do what he does to prove anything to anyone... the guy just does it cause he can. And cause he's a loony. :)

MikeT

~SPONSOR~
Jan 17, 2001
Originally posted by dirty~d~

Mike, he's doesn't do what he does to prove anything to anyone... the guy just does it cause he can. And cause he's a loony. :)
You are probably right. He definately has his own agenda. I still ask the question, WHEN did he say he was going to do this??

dirty~d~

Resident nudist
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 17, 2002
Originally posted by Wraith
Okie, age has everything to do with. With age comes pain from all the stupid things we did in our younger/glory years. And Evel has had many of those. Lets see, hip replacements, liver transplants, every bone boken in his body. I really would love to see him do this. But MikeT is right on. What does he have to prove? I to, would hate to see him get hurt.

Pain only keeps you from doing what you LET it keep you from doing. I have a semi-permanent hairline fracture in my hip joint at age 24... I still ride dirt, play hockey, horseback ride... etc. Does it hurt? Yep, every day... do I let it bother me? Nope. I do have somewhat of a high tolerance for pain so that may play into it, too. :confused: To support what Okie said... AGE has nothing to do with it. You keep going until you can go no more. If you quit when the 'pain' kicks in, then you're well on your way to losing the battle we call life. (Wow, that's almost poetic. I should write that down.)

Last edited:

BunduBasher

Boodoo-Bash-eRRR
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 9, 2000
Robbie may have the ramps, the bikes etc, but he also has the balls, 200 ft jumps are no joke.

Know of anyone else who has made the las vegas fountains or grand canyon jump - not me. ?!

One thing different between Dad and son, some jumps Evel knew he would not make, but did the jump regardless, don't think Robbie would try a jump he knew he wouldn't make.

Check out this link, it is a hoot - see the mathematics of it all - the building to building jump :) http://feynman.physics.lsa.umich.edu/~myers/140/notes/Knievel2.html

Last edited:

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
Line up the big money Crapton Robbie pulled in from all the sponsers of that "Grand Canyon tributary" jump which I would guess was pretty easily $500,000 and give me a call. I can hold it WFO, overshoot the landing ramp, crash into a pile of hay with the best of them! You know if you just make it across your going to live and maybe have a few broke bones so what did he prove? He crashed because he waaaaaay overshot the landing, can't blame him there. Heck I'd fight Mike Tyson for say $750,000! Big deal, get the tar beat out of ya' then count your coin. :)

BunduBasher

Boodoo-Bash-eRRR
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 9, 2000
Pat, we will have the Z50, the shark tank, and a bunch o moola for your DW02 jump-o-death ;) :)

firecracker22

Sponsoring Member
Oct 23, 2000
Doesn't Evel owe tons of back taxes and stuff? I think I read that somewhere. Maybe he's doing this to get them all paid off or something.

Wraith

Do the impossible its fun
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 16, 2000
Sure, Robbie may be no Seth, Pastrana and all those other guys. But how many on this board can say TV crews line up and air a jump you are going to do? And then get a little money for it afterwards? Anyone. Sure he may be a joke. But I bet anyone on this site would trade jobs with him any day :p

Originally posted by dirty~d~

I have a semi-permanent hairline fracture in my hip joint at age 24... I still ride dirt, play hockey, horseback ride... etc. Does it hurt? Yep, every day... do I let it bother me? Nope. (Wow, that's almost poetic. I should write that down.)
Dirtyd, like I said before, age has everything to do with it. Just like you said, you are only 24. What do you think it will feel like at 64? And Evel has had just a few more breaks and alot worse done to him. No offense to your injury, crap like that sucks. But like I said, age is everything. You can't tell me you've never yelled at a blue hair driving 20 in a 55. Because they don't have the reaction like they use to ;)

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
Originally posted by Wraith
Sure, Robbie may be no Seth, Pastrana and all those other guys. But how many on this board can say TV crews line up and air a jump you are going to do? And then get a little money for it afterwards? Anyone. Sure he may be a joke. But I bet anyone on this site would trade jobs with him any day :p
What IS his job? Pretty much everything I've seen him do could be accomplished with a badly dressed store mannequin set on a MX bike with a stuck throttle. Come to think of it didn't Mattel have an EK Stunt Cycle that worked like that? :think: I believe Gomer has come pretty close to RK's stature, he did wear a pink tutu & flowered hat while riding monster wheelies on a bike with no seat.

MikeT

~SPONSOR~
Jan 17, 2001
Originally posted by Patman
Pretty much everything I've seen him do could be accomplished with a badly dressed store mannequin set on a MX bike with a stuck throttle.
Bla Bla Bla. Patman we love ya but you aren't doing any 220 foot jumps anytime soon and neither am I, or anyone else for that matter that we know. Robbie might dress funny to you, but he still does the jumps and people love to see him do it. Yes, I will watch his next jump whenever it is on TV.

Now if YOU get on TV to jump something, I'll rally everyone I know and we'll all watch it. Admit it, you have watched Robbie every time he has been on TV. Confess! Confess!! :) :) :)

splatt

Resident mental case
~SPONSOR~
Dec 1, 2001
I got to see Evel jump back in 1976 I don`t need to see him jump again. Robbie`s problem is that everything he does will be compaired to his father. The other thing is that most all the guys doing freestyle and the extreme jumping are about half Robbies age(early 40`s). I think alot of it is he`s seen physical pain his dad went through and is smart enough to want to keep his amount of life long pain down to a minimum. I wouldn`t want to live with as much pain as Evel has if I didn`t have to.

Steve

stormer94

~SPONSOR~
May 30, 2001
As a fellow Montana resident with our man Evil, I can't help but think he's hoping to die in the process. He's frail, weak, and in debt (millions). I saw him using a walker in some TV footage one time, I nearly cried. That's NOT how you see your heros.

Now, that said, I grew up with Evil as my hero like a lot of you. I hope he takes it seriously, and trains a bit and makes it worth his time financially. I don't want to see him go out in a blaze of glory. I'd rather think of my childhood hero as comfortably getting old with his family and playing with his grandkids.

A friend of mine was racing MX in Butte and Evil showed up to watch an afternoon of racin. He got his helmet autographed by Evil... How cool is that? :thumb:

Last edited:

Wraith

Do the impossible its fun
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 16, 2000
Originally posted by stormer94

Now, that said, I grew up with Evil as my hero like a lot of you..........I don't want to see him go out in a blaze of glory. I'd rather think of my childhood hero as comfortably getting old with his family and playing with his grandkids.

Well put. :cool:

MikeT

~SPONSOR~
Jan 17, 2001
Originally posted by MikeT
I still ask the question, WHEN did he say he was going to do this??

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom