03 YZ85

-Answer aluminum bars
-Moose aluminum handguards
-Aluminum skid plate
-New Starcross tires
-2 new air filters
-FMF Q silencer + stock silencer
-Moose ez pull clutch lever/perch
-Acerbis # plate gas tank (extended range for trail riding)
-o-ring chain
-Gripper seat cover
-Aluminum frame guards
-Heavier fork and shock springs

This will be his 1st real MX bike and definately his 1st 2-stroke (JR50 dont count). His CRF100 will be retired from active duty at the end of this racing season ( then I get to get my grubby little mits on it :laugh: )

Taking him out tonight to get aquanted with his new ride. This is going to be interesting. The look on his face when that bike comes up on the pipe is going to be priceless :yikes: :) :yikes:

YZ85.jpg

SNDMN2

Jul 18, 2003
Ahh yess. The joys of fatherhood going from bike to bike.
I don't see a spot for the saw and machetie. Looks like a fun time. Welcome to the twosmoke mix club.
Congrats on the new scoot. :ride:

MXGirl230

Stupid tires and trees
~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Dec 19, 2002
Have fun with that Digger!! You're going to have a blast!

D.LEATHERS

Jun 28, 2002
Looks Like It Is All Set Up For Off Road, Digger Has Got To Be Pumped!!! There's Nothing Like Increasing The H/p Factor By Three. Make Sure You Get A Picture Of His Expression The First Time That Thing Comes On The Pipe!!!
Wfo Digger!!!

slowone

Aug 4, 2006
Yep, I remember my 1986 kx80 fondly as well. I think I was 9 or 10 when my folks turned me loose on that killer. Your gonna have a blast when you get used to it Digger!!! Congratulations on your new hot rod..... :cool:

YZMAN400

Dec 2, 2003
Yep got a YZman in the making. Took him out tonight and he LOVED it. He hopped off that for a few laps and rode his CRF100 for about a lap and came back and grabed the 85. He is totaly over the CRF100. He was like that 100 is SOOO slow.

I already told him to NEVER tell his mom just how fast that bike is. She will totaly freek.

P8080013.jpg

P8080010.jpg

P8080009.jpg

1TRAK

Mar 19, 2005
Nice bike, looks like its race/trail ready. Welcome to the blendzall club. Dad may be workin a bit/lot harder on that single trak now, have fun! 1TRAK

MXGirl230

Stupid tires and trees
~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Dec 19, 2002
Lookin' good Digger!

What track is that?

MXGirl230

Stupid tires and trees
~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Dec 19, 2002
LOL we were there on Wednesday...guess I didn't recognize it for some reason...! We have been there twice this year. Not a bad track and you're right about it being cheap.

MXGirl230

Stupid tires and trees
~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Dec 19, 2002
We were there from 10-2...Phil has to be to work at 4pm, so we can only practice on my days off and before 3pm.

YZMAN400

Dec 2, 2003
slow_joe said:
So, which bike is digger racing this weekend? Practice at Sandbox Wednesday night?

Sandbox....Maybe. Well see. Im a little pore this week :(

Ive got a lot of fork work coming up ol buddy ol pal. I blew the fork seal out on the X this weekend big time, oil everywhere. And the forks on the YZ dont feel right. Im not sure if the compression and rebound are working. It feels like all spring. Somethings up. And the shock on the X needs done. As does my Dampner......Got a free weekend handy? :nener:

Anyways hes racing the 100 this weekend. Probably bring both though so he can get a little track time (if they will let him)

Top Bottom