Brian

Stanbagger
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 1, 2001
Just checked out this website: www.bryankimsey.com and it showed some pictures of a gummed up, filthy KIPS valve, and is making me think about pulling mine out to take a look. Has anyone else ever done this/had a dirty powervalve? Just got me worried :o

fatty_k

~SPONSOR~
Jul 3, 2001
Its a very easy job. I was a little nervous about taking all the KIPS stuff out and trying to put it back in, but is easy. So far I have done mine, and two of my friends bikes KIPS. Better safe than sorry. I would reccomend doing it as soon as you get a used KDX.

canyncarvr

~SPONSOR~
Oct 14, 1999
I'm missing something, I suppose. re: has anyone done this/had a dirty power valve?

Sure. It's always a mess. Some bikes with less mess than others, but you aren't going to ever see this assy some kinda clean, shiny, non-gooped looking.

Check the action of the assy by rotating the nut under the LH slotted cover. It should move easily and return freely to the <click> detent (unless you've modified that detent). If you happen to have the pipe off, you should be able to see the subport drums rotate and the main flapper go up and down.

The fact that the assy has smooth action WITHOUT knowing if anything is actually MOVING (pipe off as mentioned) doesn't really tell you much.

Well..tells you something is smooth. Maybe it just don't WORK ;)

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom