HUSKwKDX

Oct 4, 2001
Hi all,
I've got a 1990 KDX200 and I'm trying to fix the "automatic chain luber". I bought the bike used a year ago and the leak just kept getting worse (as leaks usually do). The problem lies in the drawings I've found. The buykawasaki.com drawing shows NO o-ring behind the shaft collar. My repair manual shows ONE o-ring behind the collar. My local kawasaki dealer brought up the fiche for the bike and it shows TWO o-rings behind the collar. When I pulled the seal off and looked inside there was no o-ring. I ordered the o-rings anyway. Anybody know which is the right configuration. It seems to me at least one o-ring is needed. :think: Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!!

Neil Wig

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 22, 2000
Sounds like a multi-step bandaid fix.
It leaks...add an o-ring
It STILL leaks....add another o-ring

Kinda like a dodge starter....keep adding pieces until it works.

Wharf Rat

Spammer
Jun 27, 2002
I noticed sort of the same thing, except buykawasaki.com had two o-rings on the diagram that I saw.

So I just ordered two.

I am thinking I am going to put however many on that come off when I take it apart to begin with, and then work from there.

HUSKwKDX

Oct 4, 2001
Mine had no (zero) o-rings. Maybe ... that's why it was leaking! The o-rings are there to keep the tranny fluid from leaking between the shaft and collar.

jpm200

Aug 15, 2002
I am just about to do the same job. 1989 KDX is the same, but buy kawasaki shows 2 o-rings, dealer sold me 2 and the previous owner decided that silicon sealer was sufficient to replace the o-rings (and the oil seal), 2 o-rings being installed with new seal tomorrow.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom