Dislocated shoulder and my kdx

Sep 15, 2004
I dislocated my shoulder when I( was 18 playing football :bang: ,I am now 33.Again riding my kdx about 3 months ago. :bang: It hurt for about a month.Then I was at work today and fell off a ladder about 15 feet up. :bang: Out it goes again!!Do they make some kind of shoulder brace to keep my bad shoulder in place while i am riding??(and at work)To be honest the first thing I thought about after I fell today was no riding my green beast for awhile!! :ride: I was pissed!!! :| What type of brace do you reccommend?I found one.Here it is .www.ridegear.com/cgi-bin/softcart.exe/store/product/F-6532_Shoulder_Braces.html?... What do you think??

old_school

Apr 5, 2004
I separated my shoulder last season and had to go through about two months of physical therapy. It helped quite a bit. You should really talk to a Dr about getting it fixed. It's likely an issue that can be corrected with PT or a "simple" surgery. I'm 36 and my KDX threw me last year aggravating a similar earlier injury. The Doc told me that if PT didn't work, I'd need to do the surgery. We'll see how this season goes.
Good luck!
PS: Go Red Sox!

levert

Jan 29, 2002
If its not cronic, and coming out all the time I'd stay away from sugery until you absolutely have to.
What I did was really build up the muscle in the shoulder and I have no problems.

Joe Diver

N. Texas SP
Mar 21, 2005
levert said:
What I did was really build up the muscle in the shoulder and I have no problems.

That's great advice for most injuries, like neck pain, back pain, etc. A Dr. or Chiro will tell you the same. They can adjust, but you have to build the muscle to hold it in place.

Buckholz

Mar 15, 2000
Note: AC separation (separated shoulder) vastly different than dislocating (subluxing?) shoulder.

old_school

Apr 5, 2004
Building the muscle is exactly what worked for me via the PT. It didn't take very long either.
And after last nights mess, forget what I said about the Sox.

Sep 15, 2004
thanks for the advice.I will try to build up my shoulder muscle(as soon as I can move my arm)How long should it be so sore?

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…