District 17 MX Tracks

Mike198

Jul 8, 2002
So far I've rode at Byron Motosports Park (I race there regularly), Megacross in Mendota, and Joiliet. I really like Byrons track, but im looking for new places to ride. Can someone maybe describe to me other bigger tracks like US 51 MX and LTM in Casey? Thanks for any help.

nikki

Moto Junkie
Apr 21, 2000
Umm... I'll do my best to describe the rest of the D17 tracks...

US 51 MX (Wapella, IL) - beginner friendly, mostly flat turns, pretty long/wide, some off camber turns, 3 medium safe triples, cool step-up hill jump, a few table top jumps, 2 small whoops sections, long downhill grassy start, a few lines to the track, okay for passing, dirt/clay mix

LTM (Casey, IL) - kinda similar to Byron, many small elevation changes, mostly natural terrain jumps (many fly-aways, small table tops, the signature downhill triple, cool uphill whoop section, small double-double right after start, camel-hump jump, 2 other small whoop sections), mostly clay, groomed nice for races, lots of off camber and flat and 180 degree turns, wide start gate and first turn, small woods section, runs backwards once in a while, hard to pass on

Sunset Ridge (Walnut, IL) - sand/dirt mix, wide-open/long/wide outdoor style track through rolling hills, safe table top type jumps, wide start and first turn, awesome dirt, berms in most corners, multi-lined

Planet X-Treme (Mason, IL) - long track through rolling hills, nice dirt with loamy corners, berms in some corners, some off camber turns, tight whoop section and long rolling whoop section, some smaller/medium man-made doubles and table tops along with natural fly-aways, long start, pretty wide and lots of room to pass

Tri City MX (Coal Valley, IL) - Lots of elevation changes, track obstacles/direction changes constantly, lots of beginner friendly man-made doubles, step-ups, step-downs, and table tops, easy whoop section, some berms and some flat turns, long start, 2 big hill climbs, dirt/clay mix, wide enough to pass

Pleasure Riders (Cayuga, IN) - natural terrain, dirt/clay/sand/loam mix, smaller man-made doubles, fly-away jumps, small 4 whoop section, one hill climb, some berms and some flat turns, smaller start, enough room to pass in sections

South Fork (Taylorville, IL) - wide open and long outdoor style, dirt/clay/sand corners, few man-made jumps, some natural fly-away jumps, short start, mostly flat corners with a few berms, little elevation changes

Galesburg M/C (Galesburg, IL) - similar to Cayuga, dirt/clay/loam mix, small and medium man-made doubles and table tops, some smaller elevation changes, one (two?) hill climb(s), berms in most turns, big finish line double, wide enough to pass in sections, short start

Mike198

Jul 8, 2002
wow there are a some tracks i never even heard of before. There are quite a few there that i want to try out. Thanks for the help nikki.

TechKid

Apr 30, 2002
I live in DeKalb,IL (about 45 mins. to byron motosports park)I race there every sunday but i have no one to ride with. Does anyone want to ride with me?I race 125C. Im willing to ride anytime.Please someody reply.I really need a riding buddy.

Mike198

Jul 8, 2002
Techkid i race 125C at byron too, ive probably seen you there. i would ride with you if you want, i usually am at byron on saturdays practicing too.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…