simon1

Oct 15, 2000
i have just bored my carb to 36mm and am planning to install the divider plate from pictures found on the web.just wondered if this will still work as i will not be machining the slide or pilot as this involves too much guess work from the pics i have.

the bike has 607 reeds,fmf full system, no air lid 40,145 jetting . i'm looking to improve throttle response as the bike has a definate blurrb when at low revs but then really pulls.

just wondered what you guys think

Boot

Jun 11, 2002
Let us know how the conversion goes and how you attached the plate, etc (pictures would be great).

My first thought about the low-rev "blurrb" is that it's just running rich on the needle straight section or something, especially seeing as you've had to go leaner on the idle circuit. I doubt that the divider plate will fix this, but I don't really know what effect it will have on jetting.

Anyway, go for it, but if the "blurrb" is still there, try leaning off the jetting on your needle straight section.

Good luck.

simon1

Oct 15, 2000
thanks for the reply. apart from the blurrb it runs really well. i'm trying to get the bike to rev clean all the way through.

canyncarvr

~SPONSOR~
Oct 14, 1999
You're going to attach the slide how? Without a receiving slot being machined into the carb and/or the plate being broached into place, you may end up with the divider 'migrating' under the slide at the most inopportune time. Too much zoom-zoom is not a good thing.

Most off-idle throttle response problems are AS related. Usually too lean.

You can buy the small body TVs from ron (RB Designs) at any cut you want. I had ZERO luck ordering a #6 from a local shop..got three WRONG ones. Got one from ron in a couple days.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom