do primary gears last forever?

Morning/Afternoon everyone.
I have this primary gear noise. Probably because of too much back lash. I can measure offcourse the freeplay between the gears but mine manual says notting on this part.
What are your opinions about this item. I heard it is not common to replace primary gears but they do get beaten in their live time.
thnks in adv for any replies

If you can’t see damage on the gears then they should be just fine. More likely the bearings the shafts run on are grumbly & need replacement. The clutch (assuming you are talking about an engine that has a clutch, could be your lawn mower from the info) is also a prime suspect.

David, remarkable you guessed right, it is mine lawn mower:)
But understanding your replie, there is no info about primary gears others than missing teeth etc. The mainbearings you can measure so that is not the issue here. I know that manufactures of cars do have info in their manuals about gears. I once read that a freeplay(back lash) of more than 0.05mm is beyond specs.
I can live with the noise(it's a huskie, well known for their noise) but was just wondering if the manufacturer was sloppy with the specs in the first place.
I am not really thinking of replacing them, due the money, but was just curieus what somebody else knows about it.