Jasle

Sponsoring Member
Nov 27, 2001
Well broke a valve off on my 85 Dodge 1Ton Van.  360 4bbl motor.  Figured I'd check the timing chain too and it seems to have too much play so I'm going to take care of that while everything is apart.

I'm new to Mopar stuff So the question is this:

Is there another year timing set I can use to get better towing performance out of this vehicle?  For instance If I had an 85 Ford I could use a timing set from say a 69 ford and get very noticable increases. 

Any decent Mopar chat forums out there.

And lastly,  I have the rochester Quadrajet on it now.  I'm not all that familiar with the rochester.  There is a Holley 4175 series direct bolt on availible.  It is cheaper than a rebuilt quadrajet and I'm considering changing over.  I guess the other option would be your Carter squarebore style with an adapter or manifold change. 

This vehicle is used strictly for toting the bikes and trailer to races and some around town utility driving but I do need to pass emissions.

Thanks!!

splatt

Resident mental case
~SPONSOR~
Dec 1, 2001
Get a Cloyes timing set with the three way crank sprocket and advance it 4 degrees. That will give you some more grunt on the bottom. The Q-jet is a good carb but expensive and needs to be set up right. Both of the other carbs are just as good.

Steve 

Jasle

Sponsoring Member
Nov 27, 2001
great thanks splatt. I kinda figured I might go with the holley. Its $100 less for a new carb over a rebuild quadrajet. And it has all the connections I need.

TooBadBrad

Jan 31, 2003
I use a Edlebrock performer carb on a 318, works great, ho leaks, very easy to tune. Call summit racing for advise on performance parts, great prices too.

Top Bottom