Does YZ250F will be good for long trips?

R.P.M

Jan 20, 2007
Hello, im planing to buy MX bike becuase i like to ride on the track but i also like to do some "big rides" 300km ride ...will it be ok to use it for that kind of rides? or should i keep it only on the track/woods??
thanks

truespode

Moderator / Wheelie King
Jun 30, 1999
I take mine on trips to West Virginia from time to time. 100 miles in one day and 50 miles the next. As long as you can get gas in it and change the oil and air filter every night you should be good to go.

Ivan

truespode

Moderator / Wheelie King
Jun 30, 1999
Not sure about your location but my air filter can get incredibly dirty in 5 hours of ride time, let alone a 100 mile trek.

I change my oil and air filter every 5 hours of engine time whether it needs it or not and my oil filter every 15 hours.

Ivan

R.P.M

Jan 20, 2007
well, i dont have any expirince with the yz250f but on my quad which has some breathable air box lid i still didnt change the air filter...i clean it every two rides +/- depeand how dirty it is...and about the oil...im just shocked because it can be very expenssive...im not gonna race it...just cool ride...sometime i will go on the track and kick it ass...
what does it says on the manual ? (i will get one with the bike)

R.P.M

Jan 20, 2007
uh_oh said:
with a bigger fuel tank you should be good to go.

fuel wont be aprob.... just wonder about hurt the bike...or make it life shorter...
:) thanks for the answers

can i make a little twist in the subject?
my friend is looking for a bike but he dont have money for new once...he isn't looking to go on track, mybe enduro and some big trips..
he can afford bike that last year is 2000...
i thought about KTM400 or DR350 (XR400 will be perfect but they are rare here) and i know theres many models which one will good for him and in genral hows the bikes?

Last edited:

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom