DOH!!! I got wrecked...

fatcat216

"Don't Worry Sister"
~SPONSOR~
Dec 16, 2007
JALW-

I realize $$$ are an issue (as is the good/bad shoulder) but, a friend of mine who has ridden mx for 30 years and has plenty of hardware in his body was NOT given a plate for a collar bone. The thing is downright hideous! Not that it stops him from riding. ;-) Just beauty pagaents. Oh, who am I kidding?? He's the kind of guy who isn't gonna let anything keep him from putting on a dress, strutting his stuff and grabbing for the crown.

I hope you'll make sure you are getting good care and most of all- get good word!!

Last edited:

whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
The concussion, I believe it will take a while for the scar tissue to develop, and show up on an mri. I had a severe concussion, about a year later a grand mal seizure. Easily taken care of by meds. How long you have to take them depends on the severity of the injury. Some never cause seizures. The shoulder, What they call a non union really sucks. That is what it sounds like, it moves more than it is supposed to and is weaker. I do not believe it could ever be 100 percent. If that scrambled mess knits together it will be fine, hideous but stronger than your other. You could have demanded surgery. Unless its poking through the skin, it ain't nothing to them! Your remembrance seemed better than mine was, and my collarbone blew into 5 pieces. Good luck!

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…