Things I Learned from Tucker, Age 6

GETMETOCA

Can't Wait For Tuesdays
Mar 17, 2002
My friend Wendy (DRN's Phirechick) and her six year old son Tucker made a pit stop in Modesto this weekend. They were on their way to the Hollister National Harescramble Events, where Tucker was entered in both the 50cc and the 65cc class. After spending 2.5 days with young Tucker, I have to admit I miss the heck out of that little guy!! Here's some of our weekend fun:

On the way to get something for dinner Friday night, Tucker and I had the following conversation:

Tucker: "Natalie, do you have kids?"
ME: "Nope, no kids Tucker"
Tucker: "So do you have Grandkids??"
ME: :think: "No Tucker, no grandkids either"

I couldn't help but laugh, man Tucker knows how to take the term "from the mouths of babes" to a new level!!!

Later on back at the house, Tucker found some photographs of me on my bike doing some drills at one of the off-road classes I have attended. He pointed to one particularly spodely picture and stated....

"Natalie you shouldn't drag your feet on the ground like that"
ME: :ohmy:

Phirechick and I were contemplating getting some of Tucker's equipment unloaded from the truck. You see, Phirechick is healing a broken collar bone and I am currently healing a broken right arm. I have one good arm and so does Phirechick.

Tucker: Mom, did you bring the duct tape??"
Phirechick: "Yes, why?"
Tucker: "Because I have a good idea. I could tape you and Natalie together and each of you could have one good arm to lift my bike like a whole person"
ME: :worship: "Wow Tucker, I would have never thought of that!!"

Saturday we went to the grocery store to let Tucker pick out some breakfast of champion items. Tucker has a penchant for Hot Cheetos and Donut Holes and gum, so that's what he got (my fault, I told him he could have ANYTHING he wanted...lol)

I also learned that ANY time of year is a good time to decorate for Halloween. Tucker found my Halloween decorations in the hall closet and without much encouragement, decorated my whole living room with the spooky stuff. Wendy and I put it all away the next day, but we somehow missed the big pumpkin door hanging and I think I'm going to leave it out. It reminds me of Tucker. :)

Well Saturday night we all had to hit the hay early. Rise and shine time was going to be 3:45 in order to get Tucker to Hollister in time for his first race. I have to admit that when Tucker came out to the kitchen after his bath to give me a hug goodnight, I just about melted.

Tucker did quite well in his two races, getting the holeshot in the 50cc on his Polini. He trophied and even had the trophy girls and the photographers all over him, he's so cute. Tucker didn't seem to like all that attention so he went over to chat up Shane Watts for a while :joke:

Well Tucker, anytime you want to come and visit "Aunt Natalie" just have your Mom and Dad bring you on down. You can have all the hot cheetos and slurpies you can eat!

Pics of Tucker:

Attachments

• Tucker1.jpg
    Tucker1.jpg
    20.7 KB · Views: 91
  • Tucker2.jpg
    Tucker2.jpg
    31.4 KB · Views: 93
Last edited:

squeaky

Roosta's Princess
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 28, 2003
Sounds like you guys had a great time! He's a cutey!!!

nikki

Moto Junkie
Apr 21, 2000
What a cute kid! Almost makes ya wanna have one :ohmy:

KiwiBird

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 30, 2000
Tucker sounds so cute even GoSpeedRacer would love him.

Donut holes and Hot Cheetos for breakfast sounds good to me.

Good job Duct Tape Nat

kmccune

2-Strokes forever
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 3, 1999
nikki said:
What a cute kid! Almost makes ya wanna have one :ohmy:

Having one will cure you of that :joke: To tell the truth, they are priceless!

Green Horn

aka Chip Carbone
N. Texas SP
Jun 20, 1999
kmccune said:
To tell the truth, they are priceless!

Ditto! I think some of the best times I have with my son are when we just sit and talk. It's interesting to see a 4 yr olds thought pattern. :)

Rooster

Today's Tom Sawyer
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 24, 2000
I have a four year old thought pattern, started thinkin 4 years ago and still can't figure it out.

70 marlin

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 15, 2000
Oow aunty natty. can I please have some more of those twinkies. you now have a friend for life!

Top Bottom