Doing my own graphics... a few Q's

250girl

Mod Ban
Dec 19, 2007
Well, I have decided that since graphics for a 2000 RM250 are notoriously hard to find, that I am going to take matters into my own hands. I am not going to order custom graphics, I am going to make them myself! But I need to know a few things first, so I am going to ask you, my trusted experts.

So far my plan is revolving around mudflap girls. You know, the silhouette of the sexy chicks you see on semis, trucks, clothing. I think they are also referred to as the Skin Industries girls. Around here you can not find any of those stickers anywhere.... they are in very high demand and short supply. So I am thinking, either I should draw them myself, cut out a stencil and paint them onto my bike. Or, see if I can find some white adhesive sticker stuff, and cut the girls out of that to make my own stickers. The fact that I have zero artistic talent is hindering my progress. :bang:

So, what do you guys think would be the best solution? Cutting my own girl stickers or stenciling them on? and if I were to do the stencil.... what kind of paint would be least likely to chip, peel and fade? (I would probably do it in white or red, on top of my black plastic). :think:

SVTMc-G

Apr 1, 2006
most sign shops can cut you anything, not trademarked, into a wide array of colored heavy weight vinyl. they can even print on them too. you just have to make them on photoshop yourself first...or take them clip-art files. I doubt they will last long on a dirtbike though! but you can try!

_JOE_

~SPONSOR~
May 10, 2007
Print these and take wichever one you prefer to a sticker place or find some sticker material and trace it out.......

Attachments

• BBWThin_mudflap.jpg
    BBWThin_mudflap.jpg
    6 KB · Views: 96

julien_d

Oct 28, 2008
too funny.

I've had this idea lately. You can get some really nice thick sticky back clear vinyl on ebay for really cheap. I want to paint on my platics using stencils or masking, and then cover with clear sticky back vinyl. Should help it last a lot longer that way. I had painted them already and it did not last long at all. Half a dozen rides later and it looks like crap. I'm going to strip the paint off and try this method. I even considered painting on the vinyl using plasticote or lexan paint, sticking that on, then sticking another clear layer on top....

J.

250girl

Mod Ban
Dec 19, 2007
I think I will go with the sticker approach. They are fairly easy to do, and some of them seem to stay on forever... even when you don't want them to.

Thx for the pics, I think I like the one on the left a little better. The girl on the right is for 'dem lazy four stroke riders, big, heavy and slow but still kinda pretty. I actually found a devil mudflap girl, real sexy. She'll be hard to cut out, but I'm going to try. I'll do the others in white and her in red.

I've allready got pink rhinestones lining the edges of my fenders, and one scantily clad hottie perched on my rear plastic (no, I am not talking about myself). It was suggested to me that next I should crazy glue a g-string to my number plate..... any thoughts on this idea? :nener:

Top Bottom