DRN Local Chapter Flag Prices

Papakeith

COTT Champ Emeritus
Damn Yankees
Aug 31, 2000
RI
Not to mention that you can't use the DRN logo on anything but a black or white background.

Ummm:think:p

Attachments

• tan-t.jpg
    7.3 KB · Views: 204

jeffd

Naïve Texan
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2000
Dang. I was willing to pony up some dough for a custom Texas flag (and I still will for a custom flag if that is what is decided)!

I understand about the corp. ID thing - you gotta have brand recognition - but ya gotta admit it looked pretty neat.;)

-jeffd

jeffd

Naïve Texan
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2000
I like the Brand Awareness offered by the standard flag format.

Why could the "LOCAL" not be made to specify geograhpic locality?

example:
N. TX CHAPTER
So. CAL CHAPTER
OK CHAPTER
etc.

If you keep with a limited number of characters (say 5 +/ - 2) the cost should be manageable.

-jeffd

Last edited:

Papakeith

COTT Champ Emeritus
Damn Yankees
Aug 31, 2000
RI
Thump,
I just know that you've been waiting for my input with baited breath:silly: so here it goes, how bout something like this?

Attachments

• flag_okiepk.jpg
    30.9 KB · Views: 172

jeffd

Naïve Texan
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2000
No way Papakeith. Uh-uh. You need to stick to making little animated cartoons!:confused: I'll stick to making bike graphics for PitSally.com. (hint hint - Didn't I hear that you were nominated and subsequently confirmed for a slot there? :p )

Thump is the true wizzard here. We are not worthy...

-jeffd

Papakeith

COTT Champ Emeritus
Damn Yankees
Aug 31, 2000
RI
No doubt! I'll be the first to admit that I am a graphic hack. Just throwing out an idea. So. . . throw it out already!:uh:

Thump

Jr Admin Type
Jan 17, 2000
Originally posted by jeffd
Thump is the true wizzard here. We are not worthy...
Any idea is worth. Execution is not important right now so if you have ideas show them. By no means am I the wizard... a God, yes... :p

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
Originally posted by Thump
Does not really work that well IMO.
I like this one if the you take off the grey border around the "Local Chapter". Maybe do the "Local Chapter" in a different type face. Keeping consistant is the key here, better recognition. Besides, each chapter could have Tshirts or jerseys made up or maybe a patch.

jeffd

Naïve Texan
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2000
IMO - The flag looks pretty good and could make the cut with some minor tweaks.

I tend to agree with Okie in that the outline could be doen away with. I also think there should be a little more space between "local" & "chapter" so it reads as 2 words (just not quite as much room as PapaTeif's example ;) ).

Opinions are like, err.... belly buttons. Everyone's got one. Now you've heard mine.:think

-jeffd

Ol'89r

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 27, 2000
Has anyone thought about how to mount the flags? I was checking with a local banner guy and he asked me if we wanted grommets added or if we wanted the ends sleeved. He said there was an extra charge per grommet and also to sleeve the ends or edges. If the ends are sleeved you can slip a pole through it and it would be less expensive than grommets.

Any thoughts?

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
Guys, be sure to copy and paste info in this thread to some place you can keep track of it. This entire thread will be deleted in the next few days. The flag talk will need to go hush hush until Okie gives the word. I know wel all appreciate the effort that desert_racer has put into the flag acquisitions. This all will just have to be on the back burner for a short time. Thanks everyone.

Papakeith

COTT Champ Emeritus
Damn Yankees
Aug 31, 2000
RI
Why can't this thread and any others in here that were slated for deletion just be moved to the club mod forum?

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
Papakeith, I think that is a much better idea. I'll see if I can do it, if not, I'll get Thump or Okie to do it. I thought about that about 2 seconds after I posted.

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
ttt

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…