desert_racer

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 2, 2000
That sounds good. I just talked to the lady at the flag company and she said as long as we use on of the existing colors that are already on the flag for the ScreenPrinted lettering that the price would stay the same. She also suggested that it be a color that showed up so somehting like this?

Attachments

• drn_flag3.jpg
    drn_flag3.jpg
    35.7 KB · Views: 223
Last edited:

thumbs

Tony 'da Rat
Oct 16, 2000
I like it. But I would like it even better if we put the entire verbiage (So.Cal. Wrecking Crew) on it rather than just the acronym. Like I said before I'm willing to help fund the flag and buy a few letters.

S_. C_l. Wr_ck_ng Cr_w

"Pat, I would like to buy an E".

S_. C_l. Wreck_ng Crew

"I would like to solve the puzzle, So. Cal. Wrecking Crew"

desert_racer

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 2, 2000
Well we will let Okie make the final call on it and I will start a list of flags. Once it is decided on the design maybe Thump can put some official artwork together for us. As soon as we find 12+ homes for these we can place an order. We are looking at a 5 week lead time on these from the time of the order.

Thumbs. The individual groups can decide what goes on top. So we can try to convince the SoCal group to pony up for more letters. :)

fatherandson

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 3, 2001
The Michigan Trail Riders are interested in a flag. We have one individual who may buy his own flag, but for now count us as one.

desert_racer

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 2, 2000
This is what I have so far:

2 - 1 for SoCal and one for desert_racer's garage
1 - Okie - DirtWeek. However due to the new format it may not work for DirtWeek itself.
1 - papakieth - North Easterners Club
1 - BSwift - Heartland Spodes
1 - taraker - NTSP
1 - fatherandson - Michigan Trail Riders

So that makes 7 so far.

Post here if you are interested.

desert_racer

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 2, 2000
Thumbs. I wanted to get confimation before I put you on the list.. cause the list is the law and once added you cannot be removed without MAJOR consequences... :p :p

This is what I have so far:

3 - 1 for SoCal and 1 for desert_racer, 1 for Thumbs
1 - Okie - DirtWeek. However due to the new format it may not work for DirtWeek itself.
1 - papakieth - North Easterners Club
1 - BSwift - Heartland Spodes
1 - taraker - NTSP
1 - fatherandson - Michigan Trail Riders

So that makes 8 so far.

Post here if you are interested.

Thump

Jr Admin Type
Jan 17, 2000
Looks good so far. Lemme play with some ideas and check some of my sources...

My only problem is if they print on black all of our colors will come out like $#!%

I think screen printing is the way to go on these though... I will do some checking. Stand by.

TwinSpar

AssClown WannaBe
N. Texas SP
Aug 18, 1999
Originally posted by Thump
Stand by.

The only time I have seen Thump "Stand by", has been when a certain "someone" borrowed his bike and nuked it! :p

B

biglou

Mid-West Chapter is in for one.

A couple things-Since this forum isn't public yet, I'll have to ask the locals if they are interested or not. Second, it may be a few weeks before I can spring for one, but I'm definitely in.

"Mid-West DirtRiders" accros bottom. 17 letters + one dash = 18 X $4 = $72 + $56.10 for flag = $128.10! :scream:
I'm gonna have to get my extorsion racket, er, I mean, charity drive going again.

Last edited by a moderator:

Thump

Jr Admin Type
Jan 17, 2000
I think it would be best to keep the theme consistant from chapter to chapter so it becomes more recognized. I am checking some sources of custom flag mfgs. I think we can get short runs (1-2) cheaper than quoted previously and charging by the letter is nuts.:silly:

Also any time we do a gradation like in DR's design we are putting our faith in te fact that they can do it well and with out being able to be there for a press check I would not recommend it. Line art is a lot harder for someone to screw up.

Could do 1 or 2 for each chapter. I will find out pricing. but if we really do the whole chapter thing each chapter member could make a donation (not requred) to help off set the cost of opperation. Then once a month or every other month we could have a meeting to discuss anything we need to, we could do it at the track or trail, bring the family and BBQ or sumthin', the donations also go toward food and drink? If this goes off we could actually get some good local support from shops, sevices, tracks, trails... places that would benefit from local riders and have refrained from participating in DRN as a whole because it is "too big".

Idea 1:

Attachments

• flag1.jpg
    flag1.jpg
    40.6 KB · Views: 202

Thump

Jr Admin Type
Jan 17, 2000
Or if we want to save money right now we could all get the same.... ad we are not limited to which way the 3 x 5 is... this one would be a vertical flag??

Idea 2:

Attachments

• lc.jpg
    lc.jpg
    24.2 KB · Views: 204

desert_racer

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 2, 2000
I like what I'm seeing. Where were you all this time?????

I like the conventional flag layout better.

Last edited:
B

biglou

I like it! I like the conventional flag version best. I agree that if you have a file with line art or something similar, the vendor should be able to make any small number of different versions with little changeover time. It's all computerized, yanno!:D

Papakeith

COTT Champ Emeritus
Damn Yankees
Aug 31, 2000
RI
Although I hadn't thought about verticle. I was thinking of suggesting just what Thump did. Forgo the name of the local chapter on the flag. This would(should) reduce the production costs.
To make a comparison; it's like State to federal. Every US State flys under one banner(US Flag) and then created their own to display seperately.

Nice work Thump.

jeffd

Naïve Texan
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2000
I really like the "Texas Flag" banner! Very sharp indeed.

What if we stayed true to the colors?

I understand that this puts pressure on those unfortunate souls that are not from the great state of Texas...

If you want simplicity, then option #2 done in horizontal fashion would get it done. I do like the idea of some local color in the banner though.

Attachments

• ntsp.jpg
    ntsp.jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 185

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom