dhmskate

Dec 4, 2000
Hey, im not sure which bike i should get. Im 15 (I'll be 16 soon) and im not sure if i should get Drz-E 400 or Xr-400. I like the drz because it is electric start, water cooled and lighter but it is out of my price range. which one would you prefer? If you have a Drz-e that you are willing to sell for $2600 or an xr email me at dhmskate@hotmail.com:cool: :think :think

Danman

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 7, 2000
I don't think that you will find a DRZ in the price range since they are a newer model. :( I don't know about a newer XR either. I'm not sure what they are going for. I'm sure that you could find a 94 or newer DR350 that has an electric start for that price. If you get the "S" model it would already have a street title and everything else that you need. Instead of spending that money on a dual sport kit you could just buy some things to make it a more "dirtable" ride. The XR would be a cool dual sport after you fixed it up. Also, is there a CC restriction on a class M license when you are sixteen? I though you would be restricted to a 125CC until your 18. They could have lifted that for Texas for all I know, but your state could be different.

dhmskate

Dec 4, 2000
There is no license restriction
for 16 year olds except you cant take passengers i was just asking if any one wanted to "give there bike up for a lower price than its worth for a young rider" want to donate money to my motorcycle fund anyone ?

Oct 30, 2000
get a old xr4 & ride. get youre first road accidents & lack of maintenance & bad attitude out the way.

then

use the money you save on purchase & keeping the xr running to save up for a "better" bike (drz or even wrf/ktm520).

snaggleXR4

Aug 5, 2001
Hey,
The DRZ's would with the E-start would be nice, but you won't find one at your price range. You will have better luck finding an XR400 at that range, but most of the nicer ones are in the $3000 range. Although, I bought mine for $2400. It's a '96, but she was taken care of. So it is possible.

As Helterskelter400 said, there are "better" bikes, in terms of stock performance, technology, and price, but not reliability. All the new tech on the new bikes is great, until a malfunction causes you to be stranded miles away from where you want to be. XR's are old out of date dinosaurs, but they very rarely just break down.

I recommend you shop around locally and on cycletrader.com. Save as much as you can in the mean time. Maybe you will be able to find a newer XR4 at a good price, or even a DRZ with E-start. Patience will be rewarded. Good luck.

Dr.billZ

May 15, 2000
Hate to say this, but they weigh about the same:eek: The DRZ just feels a lot lighter because the weight is lower. This helps with both riding and picking the bike up. It's worlds easier to pick up the DRZ........although not THAT easy:D

The BUTTON pretty much speaks for itself.

Top Bottom