GeoffH

Jul 14, 2002
Hello to all, I have just begun researching dual sport machines. Of course, each shop I have been too "has just the bike for me". I think I am more confused than when I started! I have not ridden for 15 years and would like to get back into the sport. I consider myself rusty but just creeping into the intermediate skill level. Age 35 6' 8" tall 225 lbs so fit and ergonomics are going to be interesting. I am estimating 60% dirt fire roads, jeep trails and 40% rural country paved roads. Occasional 20 mi one way work commute on 55mph road.Not looking for a top speed bike as I am not a "wide open" type of rider, more of a strong useable torque bike that can keep up with traffic when I am on the street. Bikes I have seen at my local dealers are Honda XR650L, Suzuki DRZ400S, and KTM 640 LC4. Any advise you could offer would be most appreciated.

truespode

Moderator / Wheelie King
Jun 30, 1999
There was a great thread on Dual Sports in this forum. I think it had to do with the XR650. Do a search on the XR650 and dual sports here and in the Thumper Forum and you'll probably get a lot of good info.

Thanks
Ivan

Top Bottom