ZKDX

~SPONSOR~
Aug 23, 2002
i've recently bought a 96ktm 360exc, while i've had several bikes in my time this is the first one i've owned with an actually real set up forks---how to i adjust these :think: ---one clicker looks like it has a "C" on it (compression), the other an "R" (rebound)..i don't have a manual yet. I'm sure this is a pretty elementary question, but like i said it's my first bike that has had a real set of forks on it!

JWW

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 13, 2000
I can barely figure out my own forks but I will give it a shot.

C = Compression.... Used to adjust how fast or slow the forks compress.

R = Rebound..... Used to adjust how fast or slow the forks rebound or go back to full extension.

You will also be able to adjust rebound and compression on the rear shock. The rear shock is also adjustable by tightening or loosening the nut on top of the spring. It should be set so the rear drops about 100mm when you set on it.

Not the best info but its a start.

Can try here also..... http://www.ericgorr.com/faq/suspension_faq.html

Last edited:

ZKDX

~SPONSOR~
Aug 23, 2002
thanks jeff...i guess i should clarify my question..i understand, as much as i can what rebound and compression mean, and i've adjusted the rear shock on my bikes with success, but on the forks...how come my left fork says compression and the right one rebound...how can those properties be fork dependent?

JWW

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 13, 2000
Unlike most bikes some KTMS have the adjustments on seperate legs. Left controls this...right controls that.

DEANSFASTWAY

LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 16, 2002
Those Marzocci forks have L/S rebound R/S compression .Youll probably need to learn all about that in time when the fork seals start leaking.

ZKDX

~SPONSOR~
Aug 23, 2002
where do i learn about these Marzocci forks?

dbrace

Oct 30, 2002
Most of the guys i know run 10wt oil in the comp. leg at 100mm from the top and 7 1/2 wt in the reb. leg at 100mm from the top. This is a quick and easy solution unless your keen to weld and re-drill your rods!

georgieboy

Jan 2, 2001
like i did(the welding thing i mean)
I think we are talking about the conventional 45mm marzocchies here?
Great forks once you know them a bit better, ha ha ha.
Try a ktm dealer for a manual, maybe they have one on the shelf.(dusty)

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom