DW01, By Thump (long) And I know I forgot a bunch.

Thump

Jr Admin Type
Jan 17, 2000
Originally posted by AJ Waggoner
Okie -
he may not have sniffed it after i passed - but i waited in several corners to light him up - for about 5 laps! -
have to admit he was smarter than the average Texan and stayed WAY back :p
Thats when i wasnt having much fun ,cause thumper wouldnt "play" ,
and went and got the 80 :)
AJ, I have tremendous respect for open class roost and will do just about anything to keep from eating it. I saw you waiting on me and I was just about to parallel park when you went and got the 80. The lap after you went by me on the 80 I found my self looking for my pride in each corner... Did not find it till the C qualifier gate drop, man that was a blast! Never even been in a gate... what a rush to jump out front! Could you at least tell that I have been working on my blocking tactics? LOL

AJ Waggoner

Crash Test Dummy
Nov 5, 1999
LOL yea you have learned the valuable inside line thing no doubt!

but you dint seem to need it in your C Motos..diffinantly a good start and great ride!
Now you see how addicting racing can be....
:)

Next year just dont loan your bike out to Mister Buster
We will put Billywho on a briggs and stratton powered anvil with fork lift solid tires and a govenor or rev limiter..lmao!

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
Oh yeah, that's funny Thump...
I have to admit that when Billy and I came up on some traffic, I thought I saw my chance to run... but got cliped by a "lapper" who had his blinders on... no fun dude, thought it was gonna hurt :eek: Next year :) A little creative gearing on the TTR (and a cradle to save the frame) and Billyboy is dust! :D

Thump

Jr Admin Type
Jan 17, 2000
Originally posted by Okiewan
Oh yeah, that's funny Thump...
I have to admit that when Billy and I came up on some traffic, I thought I saw my chance to run... but got cliped by a "lapper" who had his blinders on... no fun dude, thought it was gonna hurt :eek: Next year :) A little creative gearing on the TTR (and a cradle to save the frame) and Billyboy is dust! :D
I tried to "fix" the front brake for ya.:scream:

KXKen

Jan 6, 2001
Thump, you and I where running pretty close. I would go out and run with you for 3 or 4 laps (which beats the daylights out of me) then pull off the track and relax (while you keep going) then go back out for 3 or 4 laps again. I did this at least 3 times.

Sorry I didn't get to meet you. I'll look forward to it next time.

Thump

Jr Admin Type
Jan 17, 2000
Ken,
I am sorry too that we did not meet. I tend to ride for and hour or so just pacing myself, around here my buddies do the same thing... ride a few with me, take a break, comeback ride a few more.... I ran my bike dry twice on the track at DW01. LOL I guess I should practice riding faster for shorter durations.

AJ Waggoner

Crash Test Dummy
Nov 5, 1999
Naw Thump -
You just need to switch from "Palmolive" to something a lil more manly like "Dawn" so you will stop getting those blisters :p

Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2001
This year will be even better

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
As good as Thump's report was it doesn't even scratch the surface of all the fun we had. The nightly bonfires (quickly renamed BOMBfires ) made for some fun stories and bench racing late into the night.

oldguy

Always Broken
Dec 26, 1999
I remember the long faces as people that weren't camping left for the night knowing they were going to miss some of the best times. WaltCmoto was usually one of the last out and this year he made sure he isn't going to miss a minute of the festivities :cool: .

The bombfire stories are classics -Its's just to bad I can only remember bits and pieces (lucky my wife can't remember any of them :scream: )

Papakeith

COTT Champ Emeritus
Damn Yankees
Aug 31, 2000
RI
Bombfires :think:
Hot Damn
Cheez-whiz does explode even when "empty" :scream:
Hot damn
Honda Premix flares nicely :flame:
Hot Damn
Hot Damn
Pie :yeehaw:
Hot Damn
:)

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
Originally posted by Thump
... things got a bit sketchy there for me after that....
Yeah but just think how great they are now! :)

IrishEKU

A General PITA.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 21, 2002
Well I guess I have to read into this here.....

PK's favorite is "Hot Damn".

Mine is "Makers Mark".....LOL!!!!!!!!!!!

Top Bottom