KnoxKDX

Jan 29, 2003
From what I've read and heard:

1) the PC is a popular mid-top end pipe with good quality control and customer satisfaction.
2) FMF has a huge following in the KDX world, they offer two distinctly different pipes depending on the area of power you want to target, and they have mediocre quality control and customer satisfaction.
3) Dynaport offers two different pipes that are described as FMF-like pipes only harder hitting in all areas, they are starting to catch on more with riders fed up with FMF and those willing to branch out, and their quality control, attention to detail and customer satisfaction is second to none.

Matt90GT

May 3, 2002
The dynoport pipes use material that is about 2x as thick as the FMF or PC units. They are much stronger and resistant to dents.

Also the cut and weld pipes on a 2 stroke will make more power than a smooth curve.

Matt90GT

May 3, 2002
Do some reading on the mathematical calculations and what is involved with making power on a 2 stroke. You see a lot of works pipes that are cone units and even the new factory hondas are like that.

Check Dynoport directly for their sale prices:

http://www.dynoport.com/sale-dirtbikes.html

kx_693

Jul 2, 2002
I have 2 diffirent dynoport pipes and have ridden the FMF, I love the DP and well run them all day long for my type of ridding (racing the GNCC's in the 200B class.) I well say for gnarly trail ridding the DP hits a lil hard and the FMF may be a better choice, so get the pipe that is going to fit you'r ridding style.

mnnthbx

Apr 1, 2003
I called DP yesterday and asked some questions. The fellow I spoke with was very nice, and confident in his product.

He said the works pipe is SLIGHTLY more powerful, but said it wasn't worth the price increase over their stamped pipe. He also said the nickel pipe is the only way to go in the woods, (less maintenance). Claimed the tourque pipe could pull a gear higher w/ a few mph loss on top.

I think I'll go ahead and ask Santa for one.

winslow

Jun 23, 2003
Whenever I get a pipe for my 200, I'll probably get a Dynoport pipe...that or the Pro Circuit, but was leaning towards the big volume Dynoport. Maybe this winter.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

FRESH VIDEO

Top Bottom