MattTB

Dec 9, 2001
Hey Folks,

I'm looking for an E-Line carbon fiber pipe guard for my 2001 KDX FMF Gnarly Pipe. I was informed that E-Line no longer makes/has them? Any idea who may? Any help much appreciated!

Thanks-

Matt
p.s. - Hope this post was 'okay' for this forum (not in the wrong place)

MattTB

Dec 9, 2001
I believe you are correct, but they are fiberglass, not carbon fiber. I'm HECK on a bike and would hate to destroy it and the pipe too (if it were not as 'tough' as the carbon).

Thanks for the input! I may have to go that route simply by default.

Matt

HandsomeRob

Jul 3, 2007
You may want to do a little homework before spending alot of money for carbonfiber. The carbonfiber and fiberglass pipe guards will act as an insulator on your pipe making the pipe unable to disipate the heat. An aluminum guard, though it doesn't look as cool, will guard the pipe and disipate the heat.

dirtyyzf

Dec 5, 2007
i went through the same thing trying to find an e line but settled for the Freddette fiberglass guard went through "heck" and back on my bike. its not nearly as much money either.

One thing you could check out if your set on carbon fiber. i bought a c.f. skid plate on ebay through a small company that sells them there. they design/make the stuff themselves. search for carbon fiber under motorcycle parts. Find one that isnt a brand name and email them to see if they could make you one at a fraction of the price... (my c.f. skidplate was 35 plus 15 shipping and handling!!)

blackduc98

~SPONSOR~
Damn Yankees
Dec 19, 2005
HandsomeRob said:
The carbonfiber and fiberglass pipe guards will act as an insulator on your pipe making the pipe unable to disipate the heat.
Dissipating heat is not the purpose of an expansion chamber. IIRC, stock expansion chamber is double-walled, and thus very well insulated.

Top Bottom