pyromaniac

Jun 25, 2000
As usual i dont know where to post my question with all these forums.

I have bought a new toy, its a RC car with a 23cc gas engine. Simular engine used in lawnmovers, go-peds, and more. The carb have three screws: idle, L and H. H is as described high load and L low load or idle. I would say H equals main jet and L the pilot in a dirtbike carb. Its very easy to jet and its done in seconds. I dont know exacly how this carb works, havent had it apart yet. But it fits on a 2-stroke gas engine so i dont see why the same thing couldnt be used on a dirtbike. I really cant see the problem having such a system on a dirtbike, having to take off and apart the carb to change the jetting cant be the best system.

Post ends here. For anyone interested in RC should read on.
Its almost 70cm long, 9kg, 70km/h w/ stock engine&gearing, 2hp stock, 5hp by just fitting a tuned pipe(it have only a silencer stock). Ofcourse i had to do what i do with all my toys on wheels - studtires. Heres how it looks for anyone interesed. http://www.grendosa.com/dump/PICT0001_Kopias.jpg

pyromaniac

Jun 25, 2000
Looks like you dont care. Well here is the engine im talking about: www.zenoah.net The carb is called Diaphragm, butterfly valve type.

dirtsurfer31

Aug 6, 2003
That is because it is a diaphram carburetor. They could never pump out enough gas to supply to a dirtbike. That why they stick with the standard carbs. Those RC's are pretty sweet. I would love to have one to fiddle around with and stuff but i don't have the money to do that. Have fun!

bruce j

Dec 14, 2001
Sorry, but I can't see why a diaphragm carb wouldn't put out enough gas for a dirt bike. There's been thousands of them put on snowmobiles, many of them with more cc's per cyl. than most dirt bikes. Diaphragms just aren't necessary on bikes that have the gas tank higher than the carb - the diaphragm is just a type of fuel pump.

The replaceble jets in dirt bike carbs give a wider and more precise range of adjustment than mixture adjustment screws.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom