fatty_k

~SPONSOR~
Jul 3, 2001
Hey guys, I am intersted in getting a set of motard wheels for my 99 Gas Gas EC300 and riding it on the street. How would it hold up on the road? What kind of things would I have to change (Gearing, jetting, cush drive hub possibly?) Would street riding be too hard on the 2 stroke engine? I know its not going to be a fast bike, and maintaining highway speeds with the current gearing would be almost WFO. I also remember reading somewhere that constant RPM riding (ie: riding down a road with the throttle say 3/4 open for a long time) is bad for 2 strokes. The throttle should be varied to keep engine speeds different. Is there any truth to this, or would my 300 be happy on the street?
Thanks for any info.

bluesboy

Mar 8, 2004
Gas Gas make a Supermoto 250 in Europe as you probably know. As far as I can tell it uses everything from an EC250 model but different wheels and plastics. Front brake is much bigger diameter (320mm from memory?). Everything else is stock I think. May be worth checking with local Gasser dealer to see what he knows?
I have heard there have been a few problems with the engines when used in Motards - something to do with lack of temperature control and the fact that they weren't really designed for road use. Doesn't really answer your question but may point you in the right direction! I think I may have a road test of a supermoto 250 somewhere - let me have your email address and I will try to scan it and send it to you if you if it's of any use?

Top Bottom