Econline Cargo Vans

soquel

Mar 19, 2002
Well I just turned the big 16 :aj: and am looking for my first bike hauler and I'm leaning toward a ford E-250. I'm looking for any suggetions or tip on how to set up the interior. I am thinkin drawers and a workbench on one side towards the rear and room behind the seats for a bed or somethin. Any help would be appriciated.

super rat

Ass Clown at DRN
Mar 31, 2001
What ever you do get the long one. I bought a short one and i'm kicking myself.

michigan

Mar 9, 2001
i'd love to have a van. a white one... with an ATK bike shoe in it.

I hear they're good for picking up chicks too.

maicomotoman

Dec 16, 2001
Whatever you do, make sure you leave plenty of room for a cooler :) Hey super rat, your PM box is full. Let's ride! I'm thinking I'll hit Wolcott at around 4:30. Let me know what you're up to.

super rat

Ass Clown at DRN
Mar 31, 2001
I'm down Yo. That means cool I'll go. There is always room for a cooler. Even when my race rig was a CRX I found room for a cooler :)

soquel

Mar 19, 2002
I just saw chevy's new express cargo van in the latest issue of trukin magazine, it sic!!!!

94ruck

Sep 14, 2001
I had a 15 passenger e-350 window van that was tricked out. It had the 351 motor and ran well, got decent mileage and looked great. it was a 1995 model and you can still find them for a good price. The bike shoe idea is grea, you can put 2 bikes in it easily and still have a tool box and COOLer in it. I recomend adding a reciever hitch and get a carrier to put on it to haul gas cans to keep the fumes out.

DK

Feb 26, 2000
There's a company in Portland, Van Specialties that builds up "Motovans", recommending extended E-250. They can build up the front like a customer people hauler with a rear seat that coverts to a bed and weld in a wall partion about 1/3 down and finish out the back as the bike hauler area, holding three bikes. You can do it a fancy or basic as you want but easily keep the cost under a new 4x4 pickup truck. Haven't had one built yet, but want to, I think that's the ultimate bike hauler. Imagine you could find someone in any large city to do this for you. Anyone have pictures of their MotoVan?

Highbeam

~SPONSOR~
Jun 13, 2001
Rather than mounting a carrier to the receiver hitch to haul gas, I've seen metal roof racksbaskets that people load fuel and other outside gear onto. If it's just a cheapie van then you can probably make something that will work to hold the gas on the roof.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…