Morvo

Oct 31, 2005
Hi all,

I just bought and fitted a new electrex stator plate for my 1995 KX250 and now the bike won't even spark at all. First of all I had to swap the backing plate for my old one as the new electrex one stopped the flywheel from moving as it was catching! Then I noticed that the new stator had 5 wires coming from the coils and pickup coil wheras the old original unit had 6 wires. It also did not have the OEM connector block attached to the end, just bullet type connectors, not a problem I thought, just cut the old connector block off from the CDI and wire the two up together using bullet connectors. I had to leave out one wire though from the CDI module (green one) as there was no green/6th wire to connect this to on the new stator plate. I noticed that the wiring of the coils was slightly different compared to the old ones so this might explain the missing wire. So do you think leaving this one wire out will cause my bike not to spark at all? Or should I connect the green/6th wire from the CDI to the new stator wiring, so in effect there will 2 wires from the CDI to 1 on the stator?

Mmmmm.....

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom