PaulKDX250SR

Nov 8, 2005
Hi everyone.
I have an electrical prob with my KDX250SR.
After the engine has warmed up, the front and tail lights, plus the display panel lights go dim and indicators stop functioning. The lights will gain brightness after a while, and then go dim again. The engine cuts off occasionally as well.

If I do not use the indicators, the problem is not as bad.

I am not very knowledgable with regard to electrical systems on bikes. Could it be a faulty regulator ? CDI malfunction ?
Not sure where to start troubleshooting.

Any advice would be very welcome.
Many thanks.

PaulKDX250SR

Nov 8, 2005
thanks will check the motor mounts.

Ran a test on the regulator today. A big voltage fluctuation with one of the yellow wires there. Also the regulator was HOT. Like really hot !!!!!! Not sure how hot those puppies are supposed to get.

Rode the bike today. Once it's warm all the electris are failing, and it is sluggish, like riding a XR50!!!!!

Will check motor mounts. Am tempted to buy a new regulator.

Thanks for advice guys.

KDX CRAZY

Sep 22, 2005
The stator is where the current comes from . They do sometimes give problems like you are mentioning . they can normally just be rewound which is not expensive .

PaulKDX250SR

Nov 8, 2005
Order a new regulator which should be here on Fri. Will change those over and see. If no joy, will then look at the stator. Thanks for input. Keep it real !!!

PaulKDX250SR

Nov 8, 2005
Installed the new regulator, and the bike is running how it used to. Very happy about this !!!!!
Hope to take the bike around the trails near Mt Fuji before the weather turns too cold over here.
Thanks for help.
Feels great to have the bike running good again.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom