Emergency Room visits?

Emergency Room visits?

• None (I'm lying or don't ride.)

Votes: 15 13.6%
  • 5 or less

Votes: 67 60.9%
  • 6-10

Votes: 11 10.0%
  • If I had a trophy for every time......I'd have a lot more trophys.

Votes: 17 15.5%

• Total voters

GETMETOCA

Can't Wait For Tuesdays
Mar 17, 2002
tom_motox said:
at the moment i have a broken leg. over shot a landing ramp and snaped my tibular and fibula(compound fracture) god damm it hurt i never want to do that again.

How long is that supposed to take to heal up?

Treejumper

2 wheeled idiot
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 9, 2000
GETMETOCA said:
How long is that supposed to take to heal up?

My buddy is still limping for his similiar breaks 2 years later. He broke them in 11 places.

I got to go friday but it wasnt moto related. Just cut open my elbow pit with some sheetmetal requiring afew stitches. :think:

savaunte

Mar 12, 2006
tom_motox said:
at the moment i have a broken leg. over shot a landing ramp and snaped my tibular and fibula(compound fracture) god damm it hurt i never want to do that again.

Sounds familiar...I broke both tib/fib back in May....Doc inserted a titanium rod and 3 screws...Spent 2 months at home, then went back to work light duty for 2 months...finally went back to full duty 3 weeks ago...Leg still gets sore, and swells at times....but it is getting better the more work I do, and of course the more riding I do.... :p

Indy

~SPONSOR~
Jul 18, 2002
Cracked my pelvis, I wiped out on a jump. Drove myself into the ER (2 hours away), phoned ahead and they met me with a wheel chair at the door and they had an attendant park my truck. Getting the different shots for the X-ray was the most pain I have ever felt.

Indy.

kaboom1371

Jan 15, 2008
broke my neck twice. c1 is now fused to my scull, broken leg, broken wrist, and a broken finger. all different wrecks...

2strokesrock

Oct 7, 2008
I cant take that poll because i have never ever for any reason been to the ER in fact I have only been to the doctor twice and I am not lying and I have been riding for 3 years on dirt bikes and since I was 8 on fourwheelers.

I know,I know im wierd
It might be because I dont ride MX I only ride trails and hill climbs

whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
Me 10 to 12, and my oldest son Ryan 20 something? Almost all mx related. I have been riding 36 years, raced hard for 4 years. Laid off for about a scattered 10 years in there. Ryan is 25, and raced since 6. I call racing hard more than 20 races a year. He maybe lasted 5 or 6 without issues, and laid off almost 10.

J-man

May 16, 2007
i have got about 4 trips on me now. 2 were when i bruised my appendix.....not fun. 1 on the right wrist and 1 from breaking a rib.

medwaste

Dec 1, 2006
Only twice in 3 yrs. Thank Goodness. And how many of us lie as to what really happened ( for insurance coverage purposes)? such as saying we "fell off a ladder or porch or bicycle".

JPIVEY

Sponsoring Member<br>Club Moderator
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 9, 2001
I said none but, there's evidence that I'm lying, however I don't ride now so, none works for me

High Lord Gomer

Poked with Sticks
Sep 26, 1999
I used to have a reserved parking spot....but that was so I could haul "other people" to the hospital. Never me...nope, not me!

jackflack44

May 3, 2008
gurt said:
hearing my ankle crunch after over-shooting a fairly long step down was what brought me to the er last.

did you have boots?!

kaboom1371

Jan 15, 2008
jackflack44 said:
did you have boots?!

boots don't always help on really hard hits. I raced with a guy that did the same. flat landed a big down hill double and shattered both his ankles.

2-Strokes 4-ever

~SPONSOR~
Feb 9, 2005
Missouri
kaboom1371 said:
flat landed a big down hill double and shattered both his ankles.
:whoa: Oh man........ just the mental picture I get from that statement gives me the creeps

whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
If you bail, its worse. The death grip, and brace for impact! Face off the bars, shattered shoulders, wrists and of course, the ankles. That is when I really like the tech 10's!

_JOE_

~SPONSOR~
May 10, 2007
My bones are pretty decent I guess? I just get concunsions. I haven't been in the ER in 10+ years though.

Apr 30, 2007
Everybody is just getting jinxed left and right in these threads...

Me two riding related visits. Both for my left collarbone (concussion as well the first time). The second time I showed up, it was like deja vu without the concussion...

Same desk clerk, same room, same person sitting in the room calling me an idiot and laughing at me...

Doctor was differnt though, I couldn't understand a word he said. I had completely overlapped my collarbone and put in a pretty solid attempt to puncture my lung...and he was freaking out as if I had broken my neck.

I tried to lie...but something about my gear must've given it away.

rmc_olderthandirt

~SPONSOR~
Apr 18, 2006
I haven't had any emergency room visits related to dirt bikes, and none at all for myself.

My kids, however, are another story. I was getting well acquainted with all the emergency rooms with a 100 mile radius of home.

I have learned a few things in the process.
Like, if you have a turkey 1/2 done in the oven, then turn the oven off and leave the turkey in the oven as you rush to the hospital the turkey will be done 12 hours later and be very good!

You get a little faster response from the emergency room staff when the sight of your kid's injury makes everyone else in the waiting room queasy.

Orthopedic surgeons don't give quantity discounts.

High school football generated the most trips to the emergency room. I am glad I worked reasonably close to the high school. I was getting used to the call from the coach saying my son took a hit in practice and he isn't responding quite right now....

Oh, the call I hated the most: In the evening, a call comes in. Caller ID indicates its from my son's cell phone. "Hey son, what's up?" I answer. The voice at the other end isn't my son and I can hear sirens in the background. Get this: he was sitting in a restaurant and got hit by a car!

Thank God for modern medicine.

Rod McInnis

whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
I tried peeling the end of my index finger off, clutch hand, landing on some spode up at Maplehurst Illinois. After the splint and cut glove did not allow me to finish the day, fell in the first corner of the next moto. It was then I decided to go ahead and have it stitched up, locally. Some crap hole in Wisconsin, In walks this Indian that talked like the Inspector Clouseau(pink panther). So I am laughing at him, he puts my dirty bleeding hand on a sturdy board, puts a couple gauze pads on it, and proceeds to compress the wound to clean it out. Muddy boots straight up, right hand came real close to laying him out, and a few choice swear words. He says: I thought a big tough motorcycle racer could take it? A few more choice words and in comes the novocaine, not much better. Almost 30 years later and that sucker is still bent. But, it could have been worse, wonder what ever happened to the other guy?

cheesenuget

Sep 8, 2008

lol kidney stones...i bet its one of the worst on that list

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…