Senior KX Rider

Super Power AssClown
Nov 9, 1999
Former Supercross Champion Jeff Emig Joins ESPN2 Television Crew
Bailey, Eckman, and Coombs Back in 2002

AURORA, Ill. (November 30, 2001) - Clear Channel Entertainment's motor sports division announced today the ESPN2 announcing team for the 2002 televised season of EA SPORTS Supercross. This year, supercross champion Jeff Emig joins Davey Coombs as a field reporter. Art Eckman and David Bailey will return to handle the play by play and color commentating.

Bailey, a former motocross and supercross champion, will provide viewers with a valuable analysis of the action fueled by his knowledgeable experience as a former racer. Eckman, known as the supercross historian, will handle the play-by-play, providing insightful facts on the sport of supercross.

Complimenting Eckman and Bailey will be the knowledgeable team of Coombs, a former professional racer and Editor-in-Chief of Racer X Illustrated, and Emig, a former motocross and 1997 supercross champion.

The newest member of the announcing team, Jeff Emig will relay the dynamics of the track's conditions and its effect on the riders and will also host special reports documenting the behind the scenes lifestyles of the stars of supercross.

Jeff Emig said today, "I'm honored that Clear Channel Entertainment asked me to join the EA SPORTS Supercross television team. This is the next frontier for me, and to be working with Eckman, Bailey and Coombs is as thrilling as standing on any podium."

Mike Weber, executive vice president of television and licensing for Clear Channel Entertainment said, "The Jeff Emig name is synonymous with winning and with 'style' in the world of supercross. His unique flair will be a booster shot for this year's supercross program that is already undergoing a complete renovation with ERT (ESPN Regional Television) as the producer. Jeff is going to be great for the show."

Jaybird

Apprentice Goon
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 16, 2001
Charlestown, IN
He'll be great...as long as he shares his herb with Davey! :D

(j/k, Jeff) :)

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom