MXGirl230

Stupid tires and trees
~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Dec 19, 2002
FROM RACERXILL.COM

October 24, 2005

Supercross lands largest television package in history with multi-race coverage on CBS Sports
-press release-

2005-‘06 Amp’d Mobile World Supercross GP/Amp’d Mobile AMA Supercross Series Preview Show to Air on Christmas Day

AURORA, Ill.— Clear Channel Entertainment‘s Motor Sports division announced today that six Amp’d Mobile World Supercross GP/Amp’d Mobile AMA Supercross Series races will air nationally on CBS Sports. In addition to the six races, a season preview show will air December 25, at 5:00 p.m. EST, a totaling seven hours of coverage on the CBS Sports network for the 2005-’06 season.

In 2006 the following races will be covered on CBS Sports: Anaheim 1 & 2, San Francisco, San Diego, St. Louis and Seattle. The combined television package of CBS Sports and the previously announced cable package with SPEED Channel will deliver supercross to an unprecedented number of fans in 2005-‘06. The dual-network television package is paramount for Amp’d Mobile World Supercross GP/Amp’d Mobile AMA Supercross Series, creating the best television package in the history of off-road motorcycle racing. The CBS broadcasts will be produced by Clear Channel Entertainment’s Television division.

“We are excited to bring supercross to CBS Sports for the first time,” said Rob Correa, senior vice president, CBS Sports. “Our new relationship with Clear Channel Entertainment’s Motor Sports division and supercross allows us to showcase an exciting, upcoming sport and help grow the fan base.”

“This is the biggest thing to happen to supercross in history,” said four-time AMA Supercross champion Ricky Carmichael. “Its opportunities like this that will position our sport to a new audience as well giving our existing fans the great coverage they want. By placing supercross on CBS Sports, it’s a win-win for everyone and the perfect platform to give back to our loyal sponsors.”

“We are thrilled to begin a relationship with CBS Sports,” said Charlie Mancuso, president, Clear Channel Entertainment—Motor Sports. “We’re on the brink of another successful supercross season, and we look forward to its continued growth on CBS Sports. This is now the best television package the sport has ever seen.

“Taking the sport to network television for six races and a preview show on Christmas is a testament to the quality of growth that supercross has experienced over the years. CBS Sports is the perfect platform for the riders, teams and sponsors to showcase the great sport of supercross.”

A complete schedule with times will be announced shortly.

So, my question is will it really happen? Or will we get screwed because something like NASCAR is on beforehand? If it actually does happen, should be good. I'm not holding my breath though...been let down too many times. Yesterday, for example...and other times. Hopefully they can cover everything and get it right.

jackdrinker

Apr 11, 2003
GREEEAAAAt
My one true love is going to be the next nascar...

I about threw up when I went to buy clothes and they had A-Star stuff at a clothes store....

MXGirl230

Stupid tires and trees
~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Dec 19, 2002
jackdrinker said:
GREEEAAAAt
My one true love is going to be the next nascar...

I about threw up when I went to buy clothes and they had A-Star stuff at a clothes store....
What? I stopped wearing Fox when 3 stores in the mall sold it. What store was that?

rickyd

Hot Sauce
Oct 28, 2001
Wheres that store at JackDrinker, i'll go buy some stuff, support our sport..

jackdrinker

Apr 11, 2003
Pacific Sunwear..... Man, it was painful....
It's not supporting our sport by having brainless gap girls buying the gear because the logo is "neat".... IMO, that just may drive A-Star to produce an cheap quality product (hope not, I buy a new suit every two years or so, )... Case in point, all I used to wear was "DC" for my shoes... I bought them at my local skate shop, last pair I bought was from a mall store and they sucked... It's not the same quality shoe, many people have said this.. Now all I wear ar Circa shoes and they are great..

If you want A-star gear, buy from a shop... ME, I have tons of casual gear and I get it from Motostrano...

MXGirl230

Stupid tires and trees
~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Dec 19, 2002
m0rie said:
Great, does this mean those of us Dish Network hosed will still be able to watch SX?
Anaheim 1 & 2, San Francisco, San Diego, St. Louis and Seattle are the only ones that will be aired on CBS Sports. So you'll at least get to watch 6 races...

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
Oh so they are televising the California SX Series! Cool.

rickyd

Hot Sauce
Oct 28, 2001
Yeah i see what your sayin Jack Drinker, i tend too buy all my shirts at shops..

Theres SX outside of Cali?? :laugh: j/k I wish they had something too where we could watch it live, like a PPV package.. Like go into the pits etc..

Top Bottom