Aug 6, 2007
My dad said that since the year after next i can get a motorcycle permit, and id be getting a new bike next year, i would have to get a dualsport. he is not a MXer and said that KTM isnt name brand. So i thought of the idea of converting the RM125 i want to be legal, and i can in PA except im not sure if it would pass emissions. would it, or how could i modify it so it would?

76GMC1500

Uhhh...
Oct 19, 2006
RM 125 for road use? That wouldn't last long. A DR 400S comes from Suzuki with plates and will last you for thousands of miles.

KTM is a name brand and has a reasonably strong dealer backing in the US. Check your phone book for the nearest KTM dealer. It may be closer than you think.

_JOE_

~SPONSOR~
May 10, 2007
Have you looked into the state safety inspection laws? There may be alot more involved than you think. I wasnt aware of motorcycle emission testing in PA. What county are you in? The DMV should be able to answer most of your questions, an inspection station would also be a good place to stop and talk to someone.

May 10, 2007
it also doesnt make sense to make a rm125 street legal. anything that is needed to make it street legal isnt gonna be on it because it was made for closed course use only. i dont think that you can have a 2 stroke in pa. at least where i live.

Aug 6, 2007
right...but you can make em legal, i tried to find specific inspection stuff, but i couldnt. and i think you can have a 2 stroke cause ive seen some honda 2 stroke 250cc street bikes (NS/NSR250 and 400

mtk

Jun 9, 2004
You'll never make a RM125 road-legal in PA. PA law is pretty explicit that anything with an off-road MSO will not be titled for road use, period. So I'd suggest you just give up on this idea right now.

As for KTM not being "name brand," your father is sorely mistaken on that front. KTM is every bit as large and stable a company as anything coming out of Japan Inc. They also have a significant dealer presence in the USA, in addition to the biggest dual-sport model line in the USA. In other words, not only are they "name brand," but they're the best "name brand" for the type of bike you want to purchase.

Top Bottom