KC_BigDog_51

Mar 25, 2001
What is the best brand of trailer that has a small living area(i.e. couch, small table, maybe a sink, space for dorm room fridge, and microwave) that is not a travel trailer.

I am looking for a trailer similar to the ones they use in modified and late model car racing (6x20)but with a small area to hang out between rides and has some of the amenities of a travel trailer for overnight trips where would sleep in a tent but would have a place to cook/ store food and maybe and a sin to clean up a little between rides and in the morning.

Would also like to have enough room to have a water tank to run a pressure washer off of and still have enough room for up to 4 bikes along with some storage cabinets.

Is it easier to buy a gutted trailer of the dimensions I need and equip it with the amenities I want after the fact?

Any help you guys could provide is greatly appreciated.

gasgasman

Sponsoring Member
Feb 15, 2000
I've got a box van that I put a full bathroom in. It was a fun project and a lot of work. You have too make sure there is sufficient room under the trailer for holding tanks. The total cost was $1,500. To me it worth every penny.

Try to get a trailer that has inboard wheels, this gives you a lot of extra space inside. Get one that is gutted, so you can set it up like you want.

Spend the extra money and get a 3-way fridge. That way you don't have to run the genarator all the time.

20ft is plenty big enough to sleep in also. The fresh water tanks can go under the bunk beds.

Good luck.

oldguy

Always Broken
Dec 26, 1999
Not sure about 3 way but the frig in our trailor runs on AC when plugged in or propane when no electricity is available. It will switch over automatically when needed.
You might look for something like we have where our couches fold flat against the walls when the bikes are inside. They fold out as a couch and then the back flips down and you have beds.

KC_BigDog_51

Mar 25, 2001
Thats exactly the kind of seats I want. Is yours a race type trailer or a travel type with a space for bikes in the back? What brand is it?

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom