Endos

moridin

~SPONSOR~
Dec 30, 2003
Tried them many times last weekend..

Find a really muddy spot with lots of imbedded rocks (12"-18" rocks work best). hit them wrapped out in second and BAM - instant endo!

NYkdxer

Feb 21, 2003
I think you mean stoppie, right? Lean forward over bars and hit the brakes, but not too hard. I'm not very good at em but practice is the key.

bigpa

Nov 24, 2003
I have done a few too many spetacular involuntary endos. :cool: I never wanted to learn them in the first place. :eek: STOPPIES, on the other hand, are easier to do if you try'em on a slight downhill with your weight towards the gas tank. Pre load yor rear suspension then apply your front brakes while nudging the bars forward and there you have it. :thumb: I'm in no way suggesting you should try it. Stunts are risky manouvers that should only be performed by experienced professionals. Don't try this at home. No opinions expressed in this forum should make responsable for any mishaps or injuries resulting from said stunts. :cool:

pdiddy

Mar 5, 2004
Endos are totally lame, and I have done my share, lol. But stoppies are cool. I used to be able to do them on my mountain bike, but it is really easy on them. On mountain bikes, the riders feet a clipped into the pedals, so it is just a matter of the rider picking up his legs and grabbing a little front brake. I have never tried one on a dirt bike. hmmmm, now I have something I gotta go try............ :-)

cicone

Sep 29, 2003
Last time I pulled a high speed endo I also practiced what is known as a rag doll---it's a spectacular combination. If you do it right, your only memory of the event in progress should go something like this---sky, ground, sky, ground etc.... :laugh:

gwhII

Mar 31, 2003
cicone said:
Last time I pulled a high speed endo I also practiced what is known as a rag doll---it's a spectacular combination. If you do it right, your only memory of the event in progress should go something like this---sky, ground, sky, ground etc.... :laugh:

...and if you do it REALLY right, you can also have the Dr's bills to prove it... :laugh:

KDXFreestyle

Damn Yankees
Nov 19, 2002
I reccommend practiceing on cement before dirt, because its easier for your tire to turn sideways, and then you fall over, after ot locks up. Anyways, jump on the front brake, and the gas tank at the same time, and your all set.

HEY...those professionals have to start somewhere!

:yeehaw: YEEEHAWW!

:laugh:

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…