D Lafleur

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 11, 2001
I am going to have to back up Jon K. on this issue, it will be hard to hit the .02 mile accuracy @ 3 or so miles from the last "known" point. The mile marker every mile really helps. I have tested it, and 3 riders with good enduro computers riding the same single track course at "race pace" will not be off more than .01 at 1 mile. It does work.

The second solution is quite effective, "check-in" checks can be done near your last 5 mile marker, or some other "known" point. The "check out" checks are irrelevant if the course is set up right. I have never had anyone at a regional or national event dispute a check that the rider gets to more than 5 minutes late and is just happy to know "Reset ahead". All riders are late and .02 or .05 or .1 is irrelevant, they all went in at an "accepted" point and they are all late at the next. There is no advantage to protest other than to inform the public around you how big of an *ss you can be. The riders just appreciate the relief of being able to focus on a few minutes rest and the rest of the day.

By the way I threw a check at a national out because or a clock error. We do follow the rules in the SERA circuit, we have just been lucky enough to have some folks with the foresight to solve the issues of keeping this sport alive and fun.

See you guys on the trail.

Darin

Last edited:

Bigbird

Aug 29, 2000
I want to thank everyone for their comments. My query was not to provoke an argument, but rather get some insight into the thinking of other districts. District 36 agreeably has a few rules that deviate from AMA specs for enduro events. I'm sure every District has conditions and issues that make a universal rulebook application difficult. This one is a pretty hot issue for the clubs in our District.

Top Bottom