motolink

Apr 15, 2004
I was reading an old thread about the V Force 3 in the 04 RM 250, it said when using the V Force 3 in that model it will partly block the transfer ports unless you use a spacer to move the V Force 3 reed cage backwards about 6mm. Is that correct. I beleive the spacer from the 05 YZ 250 does the job.

steve125

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 19, 2000
What blocks the rear boost port is the std reed pedal stops. The V-3 does not use the pedal stops. But both reed blocks do benefit from the YZ reed spacer and it measures 4mm thick.

With the V-3 and the YZ spacer you will notice a better throttle response, a very crisp, but smoother transition(reed spacer), into the power band and better over-rev. :cool:

The only jetting required will be to fine tune the pilot circuit, via jet size or air screw setting.

Spoolin

Jun 10, 2005
I just picked up a set of VForce 3 reeds for my 01 KX250. Haven't had a chance to ride it yet, but I was wondering if other bikes, besides the KTM, could benefit from the reed spacer on the YZ.

highflyernick

Oct 12, 2004
Sorry to high jack the thread but ^^^^ Spoolin, post a ride report on it after you have them in. I have a 2001 KX250 and was thinking about getting them. It would be nice to see the difference first.

Top Bottom