YZMAN400

Dec 2, 2003
Looks like a few of us are heading over there for a last fling b4 the deer slayers drive us out of the woods.

I know we have 5 confirmed with the possibility of more as the week draws on.

So if your interesed we will be meeting at the south staging area @10am.

I am bringing my son with me for his 1st Evart experience. So if some of ya's want to bring your SO or chitlens bring them. Ill be pokin around at the back of the pack with the boy.

YZMAN400

Dec 2, 2003
SNDMN2 said:
The boys going to look good on the "x". Can't wait to see how your doing at the end of the ride on the yz. :ride:

yea yea....smart guy...He aint quite ready for the X out there. Id like to bring his YZ85 with me but I dont think he would like that out there. Hes still a little gunshy on that bike. Im bring the 100 instead. Besides the yz dont have a orv and I dont feel like buying one for as short of a season that is left.

Mattskn hope to see ya there. Looks to be a good turnout

bje

May 22, 2006
Wolf Child said:
let's do this!

Hey Wolf Child...I got your voice mail message...thanks! I thought gun season had already started. I'm also about 80% certain I can make it.

Looking forward to riding with you guys again!

Barry

PS: I'm hoping I can talk one of my buddies who was planning to come down this weekend from Ontario to make the journey with his Husky WR250!

Wolf Child

Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 30, 2005
bje said:
Hey Wolf Child...I got your voice mail message...thanks! I thought gun season had already started. I'm also about 80% certain I can make it.

Looking forward to riding with you guys again!

Barry

PS: I'm hoping I can talk one of my buddies who was planning to come down this weekend from Ontario to make the journey with his Husky WR250!

f-in' A, right!

let's roll.... :ride:

oh, and we dont worry about those pesky hunters. just slap on some lights and ride after dark.

"I am the Nightrider. I'm a fuel injected suicide machine. I am the rocker, I am the roller, I am the out-of-controller!" :laugh:

YZMAN400

Dec 2, 2003
bje said:
I thought gun season had already started.

Riffle season dosn't start till like the 14th I believe. Its Bow season right now. Riffle season is all we have to worry about. Runs the last 2 weeks of November.

So like wolfy said.....we just ride at night when its still legal.

Wolf Child

Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 30, 2005
YZMAN400 said:
Riffle season dosn't start till like the 14th I believe. Its Bow season right now. Riffle season is all we have to worry about. Runs the last 2 weeks of November.

15th

it's the same every year.

bje

May 22, 2006
YZMAN400 said:

One of my good riding buds from Ontario is now a "definite maybe". We're thinking of riding the Tomahawk loops on Saturday and staying up in the Wolverine / Gaylord area Sat PM....provided the snow isn't too deep by then. No T'borgs for the Gasser yet!!! we'd then join you guys on Sun @ Evart.

Scott/ Don any interest from you, or the rest of the group in joining in on Sat....if it all falls into place?

Also - what would you recommend as a good back up plan for Sat? Perhaps the Kalkaska or Mio area?

Barry

Wolf Child

Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 30, 2005
bje said:
One of my good riding buds from Ontario is now a "definite maybe". We're thinking of riding the Tomahawk loops on Saturday and staying up in the Wolverine / Gaylord area Sat PM....provided the snow isn't too deep by then. No T'borgs for the Gasser yet!!! we'd then join you guys on Sun @ Evart.

Scott/ Don any interest from you, or the rest of the group in joining in on Sat....if it all falls into place?

Also - what would you recommend as a good back up plan for Sat? Perhaps the Kalkaska or Mio area?

Barry

I cant on Sat. I have something else going on.

Kalkaska trails are mostly wider and pretty fast. not two track wide, but close in some places. They are still fun though.

I cant speak for Mio. I never seem to make it there. there are some good trails around Cadilac you could use as an alternate though.

bje

May 22, 2006
Wolf Child said:
I cant on Sat. I have something else going on.

Kalkaska trails are mostly wider and pretty fast. not two track wide, but close in some places. They are still fun though.

I cant speak for Mio. I never seem to make it there. there are some good trails around Cadilac you could use as an alternate though.

Thanks Scott. I got a great email from YZMan with full details on the Mio area. It sounds like it rocks! Guess I'll need to twist your rubber arm to get out there and explore it sometime. That's not too far away for you guys on the "left coast", is it??? ;)

Unfortunately my buddy bailed for the weekend. He's got a 9 day business trip that's come up and he flies out of Toronto at 7AM on Monday. :yikes: Definintely a good excuse in my book for having to say no to this one.

On a good note, I'm in for Sunday@ 10AM. South lot, correct???

Barry

Wolf Child

Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 30, 2005
bje said:
Thanks Scott. I got a great email from YZMan with full details on the Mio area. It sounds like it rocks! Guess I'll need to twist your rubber arm to get out there and explore it sometime. That's not too far away for you guys on the "left coast", is it??? ;)

Unfortunately my buddy bailed for the weekend. He's got a 9 day business trip that's come up and he flies out of Toronto at 7AM on Monday. :yikes: Definintely a good excuse in my book for having to say no to this one.

On a good note, I'm in for Sunday@ 10AM. South lot, correct???

Barry

time is correct. as for twisting my arm... it dont take much. this saturday I just had plans already.

D.LEATHERS

Jun 28, 2002
Evart Ride

YZMAN400 said:
Looks like a few of us are heading over there for a last fling b4 the deer slayers drive us out of the woods.

I know we have 5 confirmed with the possibility of more as the week draws on.

So if your interesed we will be meeting at the south staging area @10am.

I am bringing my son with me for his 1st Evart experience. So if some of ya's want to bring your SO or chitlens bring them. Ill be pokin around at the back of the pack with the boy.

PUT ME DOWN FOR 2 MAYBE 3, STILL DOING SOME ARM TWISTING :bang: WE WILL BE THERE IF THE WEATHER IS DECENT. :nener: LETS RIDE :ride:

SNDMN2

Jul 18, 2003
Looks like I"ll be picking up KZOO in the morning and headed up. Last time I talked to Dick Jr.he was going to come over from school. He has'nt riden since Six Days marking.

Dave,
If you need a ride I have a spot on the trailer.

Don,
Richard says he wants to try to go under an hour with you. I told him "no way". I figure he's probobly to toatsted these days from all the party's at Ferris .

I've got the dogs for afterwards.

BJE,
We have a tentative for the Mio area in Dec. There are few of us who go there a couple times a year. I"ll keep you posted.

bje

May 22, 2006
SNDMN2 said:
BJE,
We have a tentative for the Mio area in Dec. There are few of us who go there a couple times a year. I"ll keep you posted.

Thanks SNDMN2. Would love to join you guys if I can! Please let me know.

Everyone - what's your estimate for miles tomorrow (so I bring enough gas)? Looking at the map, it looks like it's about 30miles. Do we plan to do it a couple of times times?

See ya tomorrow!

mjbike

Dec 1, 2003
It is a 24-25 mile loop. It will beat you up a little.
I may get there at 9am and ride the lower end, approx 6-8 miles(there is a cut off) come back tweak a few things and ride the whole loop at 10am.
Mike

YZMAN400

Dec 2, 2003
mjbike said:
It is a 24-25 mile loop. It will beat you up a little.
I may get there at 9am and ride the lower end, approx 6-8 miles(there is a cut off) come back tweak a few things and ride the whole loop at 10am.
Mike

Hey MJ. You still have the 300? A friend of mine was just over and looking for a platted trail bike. Said he is tired of throwing cranks and valves at his CRF450. I mentioned your bike and he seemed interested if its in good shape. He works in GH so if its down to Lake Cycle its just a short jog for him to go look at it. You may know him, Matt Luna? He lives just down the road from me. Just sold the 450 and had shoulder surgery. Looking to have something this spring when his shoulder heals up.

Bikes are loaded and ready go go. Ill be pulling out at 8am tomorrow. See ya's there.

D.LEATHERS

Jun 28, 2002
SNDMN2 said:
Looks like I"ll be picking up KZOO in the morning and headed up. Last time I talked to Dick Jr.he was going to come over from school. He has'nt riden since Six Days marking.

Dave,
If you need a ride I have a spot on the trailer.

Don,
Richard says he wants to try to go under an hour with you. I told him "no way". I figure he's probobly to toatsted these days from all the party's at Ferris .

I've got the dogs for afterwards.

BJE,

SNDMN2, I'M ALL GOOD ON TRANSPORTATION, THANKS FOR THE OFFER. I'LL BE WITH A GROUP OF 5 GUYS AND MAYBE MY DAUGHTER ON HER TTR125. SHE IS STILL TRYING TO DECIDE IF SHE WANTS TO GET UP THAT EARLY. :yikes: MY SON IN-LAW AND HER RODE THERE LAST SUNDAY, AND HE IS RIDING WITH US FOR SURE TOMMOROW. WE WILL SEE YOU THERE TOMMOROW MORNING. :cool: LETS RIDE!!! :ride:

DAVE.

Steve St.Laurent

Mi. Trail Riders
Feb 6, 2006
We rode Evart today. I've only ridden it once before (a year ago) and I don't remember the whoops being as bad as they are, they are horrible! Other than that we had a blast. We did two loops - the first starting at 9:30am and it was pretty slippery then with frost on the leaves and such. The second loop starting at 11:45 was a lot better (although I had a flat on the front 6 miles from the end and took the road the rest of the way). There is snow in places in the woods but none on the trail. Tons of leaves down covering up the rocks but we cleared quite a few off today. Have a good ride!

SNDMN2

Jul 18, 2003
BJE ,
Still have room for another if your going solo and want to hook up.Just let me know.

Dave ,Sounds like a winner. See yas there.

Now back to the garage. Jr's carb was totaly gunked up. It has'nt been ridden since Memorial weekend. I hope it starts with no more problems. :bang:

TCTrailrider

Jan 19, 2004
Steve St.Laurent said:
We rode Evart today. and I don't remember the whoops being as bad as they are, they are horrible! !

Sounds like a good training ride. Some Whoops are just a pain but I sure miss them in the middle of winter.

Steve St.Laurent

Mi. Trail Riders
Feb 6, 2006
Why don't you ride in the winter? We ride year round.

TCTrailrider

Jan 19, 2004
Steve St.Laurent said:
Why don't you ride in the winter? We ride year round.

Me too. But once the snow gets deep its, very different. Thats when I miss the whoops. There more fun than that deep single rutt that sucks you into the trees. :nod:

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom