Ever buy a MX bike w/a warranty??

rickyd

Hot Sauce
Oct 28, 2001
Today i went out a nd finally bought a new bike, a 2006 CRF450R..
About a month ago, the kid i ride with got a new one, he got a warranty, 2 years.. I had never heard of this before.. SO i called a friend that is a service manager out at a Suzuki/Yamaha dealer.. He said it is legit, he has replaced engines, transmisssions and even fork seals under this warranty/insurance policy..

Has anybody else done this?? I paid $400 for it..

JST122

Dec 29, 2005
The dealer will usually offer a warranty program with the bike. There is no coverage offered directly from the manufacturer on a competition bike so they will offer you an option to buy an extended warranty. It is legit, it is basically the same as buying a car, they will offer you additional warranties that you can purchase. Except with a MX bike your only warranty option is to purchase one of these because the bikes dont come standard with any warranty like cars do. I have never purchased one for my bikes but I have always been offered the option.

rickyd

Hot Sauce
Oct 28, 2001
I thought it was pretty interesting.. They said basically any shop w/licensed techs ( i know my friends shop is able too perform the work) can do the work and get paid..

How do you like your KX450F?? I almost stayed green

JST122

Dec 29, 2005
Rickyd I love the new KX450F. I have no complaints of any kind the bike is great. The biggest thing for me has just been getting used to riding a 4T, up until now I have only owned 2T's so it takes some adjusting but it is a lot of fun. I am a long time Kawi guy and had been waiting for them to come out with a 450, I am glad they took their time and came out with a solid bike. If you ever come up this way to ride MX give me a shout, I ride mostly at Argyll Park now that they have stepped up the maintenance it is much better, but I also ride Sand Hill, and Club Moto.

JuliusPleaser

Too much of a good thing.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 22, 2000
I've never had a warranty, but I bought a CRF450 two years ago. I never had any trouble with mine.

Congrats on the purchase. That's a sweet bike.

mx547

Ortho doc's wet dream
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 24, 2000
i've never heard of a warranty like that (for dirt bikes). it's news to me. but then again, i haven't bought a new bike since 1999.

the two ktm's i bought for my kid, 50 pro jr. and 65 sx had thirty day factory warranties. she blew up the 65 at about 60 days and ktm warrantied the parts but not the labor.

rickyd

Hot Sauce
Oct 28, 2001
Hey JST,
I rode Sandhill a few weeks ago, fun track, some fast people out there.. Im planning on going out too Carnegie saturday too break it in some.. I plan on riding CM pretty soon, just want too get some more seat time, havent rode much these past few months.. Maybe well see you out there soon,
Lata,
Rick

Top Bottom