BEEF706

Sponsoring Member
Jan 24, 2002
Some of you may remember my review when I got my EVS web brace for my right knee, I had a couple of quibbles with fit but was vary happy with the performance of the brace. When I bought it I had agonized over whether to get the EVS then (I had save up $300) or keep saving and get a set of Asterisks (it would have taken me another couple of months). Because I was noticing deterioration in my knee and i am kinda impatient I got the Web. (Okie and Thump may now say I told you so!) I was pretty happy until 3 weeks ago, went out for a little session at a local practice track, didn't ride long (conditions not very good) and didnt crash when I went to take off the brace, the second strap down came off in my hand!! On further inspection I see that the strap was riveted to the carbon fiber body with a cheesy little plastic bracket that broke. I am noe less impressed with my $330 kneebrace which is useless without the strap. That night (Friday) I sent an E-mail to EVS asking them if they were going to stand behind their product( I have heard nothing back from them in three weeks) On Mon. I take the brace into the shop where I bought it, and the parts guy calls them gets an RA boxes the brace and sends it out. I watched all of this happen, and I heard his end of the conversation with EVS, they gave the impression that they would look at it as soon as it arrived and turn it around in a day or two ( I popped for 2-day air) and I should have it back by the next weekend for the last race of the season at NMCC, cool. The shop called and they aknowledge reciept of the brace. weekend came abd went, no brace, last monday I went in and EVS told the shop they would send all warrenties out thurs. ( so I would miss this weekend too, the third weekend in a row) Now I am MOST unhappy but (in my mind) still reasonable so we ask if they will split airfrieght with me so I can ride this weekend, at this point we are being stalled so we get another service rep on the line where we find out that my brace was not shipped on thursday because they didn't have ant in mt size and may not have them for four to six more weeks WHAT!!. To EVS credit they have now agreed to creidt the shop so they can refind me my money, but that could have been done 2- weeks ago when the first got the brace and I would have had a couple of weekends of riding! At least the story will have a semi-happy ending, I ordered my Asterisks today! I really feel EVS dropped the ball here, first in a poor design for the strap and then in customer service. Sorry to vent so long, as mister know it all would say I really should have known :flame:

Thump

Jr Admin Type
Jan 17, 2000
It is good you got your money back though. I will say SKR hit it on the head though, you won't be sorry you went with Asterisk. Great product and great service.

BTW I won't tell you I told you so till I hear how much you like the Asterisk.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom