KTM Mike

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Apr 9, 2001
Ok - this seems like a rather insignificant item compared to some...but last night i went to replace the taillight bulb on my 2000 300EXC I bought used recently (the bike...not the bulb). I found that the light socket was basically just laying there inside the lens - not really fastened in or anthying ...the bulb cant last 5 minutes like this as It would just bounce around and shatter like the current one had.

Is there supposed to be a clip or some sort of mounting hardware that hooks the socket to the plastic underneath - or am I missing something obvious here? (and no...i dont have a owners manual to look it up in!)

KDX220rm

Uhhh...
Jun 3, 2002
What holds the bulb socket in place is when you put the red light lens back on, it holds the socket in place. Yeah, I have burnt out two bulbs in two years, which I don't think is too bad.

KTM Mike

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Apr 9, 2001
Thanks KDX (you need to change that user name!) Now that you mention it - I recall a small tab of plastic inside the lens sticking down...that must be what kinda pinches the socket against the fender plastic. 2 bulbs - two years.. not bad at all. Mine had downright shattered though - not burnt out!

Top Bottom