Sphinx

Oct 16, 2002
I am replacing my rear rim, on a 200 YZ250, with an 18", since I ride in the rocks alot, and my front rim is pretty shot, so I am replacing that too. The colored Excel rims aren't much more expensive, but how well does the color hold up? I was thinking black or gold. The silver is nice because when they get scratched they are still the same color, but I am feeling a little vain and the gold and black look nice.

Any thoughts?

MRKRacing125

Oct 24, 2000
The only thing I have heard about the Black rims is that when you are changing out your tire and you slip, you will regret looking at the scratches on the black... Other than that, they look awsome on the bike!

DAVE C

Dec 21, 2001
A friend has the gold/black excel wheels (not just the rims) and he loves them. They have held up really well. The only difference I see is that you ride rocky terrain a lot while he rides moto-x tracks. There aren't any scratches on his rims and our local track is rockier than most.

DEANSFASTWAY

LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 16, 2002
Maybe you could clear them if youre really detail oriented or if you get the black ones you can touch uop the scratches with a magic marker . Watch what you clean your bike with .Castrol superclean and purple power cleaner or acidic cleaners will ruin the anodized finish and make it all hazy or turn white .

Rcannon

~SPONSOR~
Nov 17, 2001
Dean, are you the one making the cool CRF450 partsd in the Rocky Mountain ATV catalogue? If so, you are going to be busy! The stuff looks great!

Top Bottom