ballistic

Jan 13, 2001
I know someone selling excel rims/talon hubs/splinedrive SS spoke set of wheels used that fit my bike. Thinking of getting them cause they're so trick looking, but what is the actual benefits of these other than they look cool? Is it worth the moola?

Also, I ride offroad mostly. The rims are black color. Will they get scratched up and look like crap in no time? And can you touch up scratches somehw if nessasary?

Trying to make up my mind on this.. :think: Thanks

kciH

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 28, 2002
The hubs should be stronger than your stock hubs. The SS spokes are almost definitley stronger. I have seen Talon hubs fail with less than a season of aggresive riding on them. You still have to maintain your wheel bearings with Talon hubs. If the price is right I would buy them. As for getting scratched up, any wheel will. Just look at your current wheels and examine them for scratches, this is how scratched up you black ones will get. If you are really anal about it, you can touch them up with a Sharpie marker. But damn, they do look cool. Don't they? :)

darnjr

Jul 5, 2001
I know someone who is selling a complete set in gold..talon hubs, excel rims, sprocket, rotors, and tires for YZ/YZF. $1000

Top Bottom