EXCEL wheels

Braahp

~SPONSOR~
Jan 20, 2001
I have some black EXCEL wheels ordered due in any day. Parts guy tells me they have changed them and I might need spokes front and rear. I thought it used to be just rear and even they made wheels that used oem spokes alltogether. So.......anyone who has made the swap to EXCELs what excatly do I need? And what kind of spokes and nipples? I just love sayin' that word......nipples.

Gates

Jan 18, 2001
I don't know but if your back rim is in good shape I may try to buy it from you. I hit a rock and broke a spoke and bent my rim. If you have to buy new spokes I would take a few old ones from you too. reply back if you are interested. Are you a MTDR member? They have ridden my farm a few times.

James

Braahp

~SPONSOR~
Jan 20, 2001
I'll keep that in mind James. I'm a VSTA member usually riding Livingston/Hanging Limb area.

gooleo

Nov 5, 2002
hey braahp, good luck with the the excels. i plan to do the same too. i'm in the process of putting on a '98 kx front end. are you sticking with the 21 inch frony rim, or are you going to a smaller rim?
one thing that i might suggest is that you take your hubs and get them powder coated before putting them all together.

bscottr

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 20, 2001
Originally posted by gooleo
one thing that i might suggest is that you take your hubs and get them powder coated before putting them all together.
I just mounted up a set of Excels and wish I'd have done this. :thumb:

Braahp,
I mounted these up to a set of stock KX hubs and spokes with no problems. Good luck.

bscottr

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 20, 2001
Braahp,
Are you buying wheels or rims? If it's rims your need hubs. If it's wheels you don't need spokes. :thumb:

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…