MXFastGuy

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 11, 2001
Remember Excitebike for the original NES? It brings back fond memories for me :whiner:. I've found a free downloadable version for your PC. It's exactly like the original!

Download the NES emulator here. You'll get an error page, but just click on the URL to download.

Download the Excitebike game here

You need the emulator to play the game.

MXFastGuy

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 11, 2001
There's TONS of games out there. Just do a search for "download NES games" on Google. You'll find them all...Castlevania, Rush-n-Attach, Rad Racer, etc. I advise NOT to download these at work for obvious reasons! :scream:

MXFastGuy

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 11, 2001
Wanabe: Use CTRL and ALT to get the bike to move. CTRL acts like the "B" button (turbo) and ALT acts like the "A" button (normal acceleration). Use B too much and you overheat.

The arrow keys change lanes and adjust the bike's attitude. Press ENTER to pause. Press F4 for full screen view.

MXFastGuy

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 11, 2001
I'm using the FCE Ultra v.75. I've never tried any others, but it seems to work pretty good. The link is in my original post above.

Sites with games are a bit hard to find, but if you do the searching, you'll find them. I found a really good one, but can't find it again. All I really want is the Excitebike anyway! :)

keith500r

Jul 27, 2001
guys try www.emuhq.com they have all kinds of stuff, there are emulators for almost everything (well the older consoles anyways). you can even get emulators that play roms from coin operated video games.

Timr

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 26, 1999
Originally posted by Barbaduke
anyone?

Go to the drop down menu item Config...then select input. It's confusing because it appears that you would be configuring an external gamepad, but this is were you configure the keyboard controls as well. There are 8 items that must be configured, 4 directions, the A & B button, and Select and Start buttons. You pick each key that you want to represent each. Remeber that they are case sensitive, so you'll need to make sure that your caps lock and/or num lock buttons are in the appropriate position.

As far as game play goes. The A button is the accelerator, and the B button is Turbo. Overuse of the B button will result in overheating. The arrows on the track have a cooling affect on the bike and allow you to use the B button more for more speed.

nikki

Moto Junkie
Apr 21, 2000
Oh man.......... MXFastGuy - I'm gonna blame you when I become a NES addict all over again! :confused:

I downloaded about 10 games last night. I find it VERY funny that one game is about half of the size of a medium sized digital photo... LMAO! Shows how high tech NES really was :) Plus you can't beat 10 seconds to download hours of fun.

Thanks for the links... I feel like I'm in 3rd grade all over again! My laptop will go with me everywhere now (wait... it already does).

MXFastGuy

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 11, 2001
Originally posted by nikki
I feel like I'm in 3rd grade all over again!

Isn't it great? I always regretted the day I pitched my original NES and games. Now I'm reliving the glory days all over again. As I said, downloading games at work is highly UNrecommended! :p

Timr

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 26, 1999
Originally posted by Barbaduke
ahh! i configured it and it still wont ork when i push the buttons that im suposed to it just keeps playing the demo over and over...

Press whatever button that you programed to be the start button twice. and then the game will start

nikki

Moto Junkie
Apr 21, 2000
Man... last night I had to go and buy a controller for the laptop so I can have the real feel :)

It's not the same trying to play with the keys! :confused:

MXFastGuy

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 11, 2001
I might do the same. The CTRL and ALT keys just don't cut it. My digits are still programmed for the old black plus and red A & B buttons. It's kindof like trying to ride a bike with the throttle on the left and shifter on the right.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom